Chapter 9: Memories

"I remember when i used to eat these all the time untill-". John stopped. The memories that he tries to forget came back to him.

     "Daddy! Daddy! Look!I found a bug!". John picks up the little girl. "Wow. Where do you find it?". The replied, "Outside when i playing with Arthur". He said, "What a brave girl. But does my little girl brave enough to handle daddy's kiss attack?". The he gives the girl flurry of kisses . The little girl just laughing. He brings the girl to the sink to wash her hands.

     Then, a pair of  arms hugs him from behind." Good morning honey" said by a voice. John smiles and turns to the owner of the soothing voice. "Good morning", he replied. Then they both kissed. They sit down at the table. "Man, im starving. What do you cook today my dear?". "Eggs, bacon and beans just the way you like it". John opened his mouth and before he could say any word, she added "and your blueberry cheese tarts". "Sweet! Thanks dear". She kiss him and and said "you're welcome honey".

     That was the last time he spoke to his wife and daughter before the 'incident'. "John!". John starled and come to his sense back. "Until what, John?". He looked at Elsa. "Oh. Nothing. I was just admiring the tart you made".

He puts down the tart and said, "You know what? I think I'm full. Thanks for the food. Delicious btw. It's been a long time since I've eaten quite a gourmet" . He picks up all the plates except the tarts and put them in the sink." I'll wash the dishes later". Then walks out from the dining room. Elsa just watching him without saying anything.

     In the afternoon, John is cheerfully singing in the shower room. "~You want me, i want you baby. My sugarboo, im levitating. The milky way, we're renegading. Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeahhh!!!~". (In case you don't know, the song is called Levitating by Dua Lipa 😂). He looks in the mirror and said, "looking good, handsome. Keep it up".

He opens the door and finding Elsa standing in front of him while crossing her arm looking at him. He jumps a little. "Whoa there! How long do you been standing there?". "Not long ago". He ask "How much do you hear?". "I don't hear a single thing", she lied. She heard everything from the concert to the 'handsome' part. "Pheww. Glad you didn't hear that. So, what's up?"

     "What happen at the table?", ask her seriously. "What happen what? I don't get you". She takes one step forward approaching him. "Umm.. What are you doing?", he ask nervously.

"What happen?", she ask more seriously this time. "Nothing. I'm just saving the tarts for later". "I can make them for you as many as you want" says her as she taking one more step.

"Hey, have you ever heard the word 'personal space ?". She simply said, "I don't care" as she continues to walk towards him forcing his back against the wall. Now he's trapped between a wall and an angry white-haired girl. "What happen at the table?", she ask one more time.

"Okay2 I'll tell you. Just, back off will ya?". She backs off from him. "Thank you. Now follow me".He walks out of the shower room and Elsa follows him.