PART 30 I she said what now?

Nat and I fell asleep together on the couch after talking a little more about the whole situation. I understood why she did it and she understood why I got angry. I know she just wanted to protect me, but I told her I will be going on missions from now on.

I woke up in the middle of the night and looked at Nat, who was asleep on top of me.

"Nat, hey, come on, let's go upstairs" I whisper to her.

"Noooo, I'm good here ..." she replied sleepily.

I chuckled and sat a little straighter on the couch.

"nooooooo" she murmured.

"Don't be so dramatic, I'll carry you" I said with a chuckle before I got up and picked her up to go to bed.

"This is handy ..." she responded in a drowsy voice, without even opening her eyes.

I laughed as I took her up the stairs to the bedroom.

I tried my best not to bump her head against any walls because this hallway wasn't really one of the widest, pretty sure I managed because I didn't hear a 'boink'.

As I put her in our bed she opened her eyes for a moment.

"thank you ... I love you ..." she said softly before closing her eyes again.

I stared at her with shock. She said what now? Did I hear that right? Did she just say she loves me??

"Nat ...hey Nat, wake up," I say to her quietly, hoping to have a chat with her, but she just kept on sleeping.

After a few more tries, I gave up and laid myself down next to her. This is the first time either of us has said it to the other and uh, that specific person was totally woozy from sleeping at the time of saying it. Does it even count then?I'm actually a bit bummed out. I was hoping I would be the first to say it.

After lying awake for a while and replaying the situation in my mind, I eventually fell asleep too.

I was awakened by a hand rubbing my hair. smiling, I looked at the wonderful woman lying next to me.

"good morning ..." I say to Nat, in a slightly sleepy voice.

"morning" she replied with a small smile. "did I wake you?" she asked while she was still running through my hair with her hand.

"kinda, but I don't mind. I like waking up like this" I answer before putting my arm around her waist and giving her a kiss on the cheek. "what time is it?"

"hmmm, hold on," she says as she reached for her phone.

"uh, almost 9AM" she replied.

"That's good, we can still lay down for a while," I say to her before putting her in my arms.

"That is indeed good" she replied while shuffling her body close to me....."do you want to talk about yesterday?" I suddenly ask her.

"I thought we were okay? But if you want to talk about it further, sure" Nat responded while looking at me.

"No, I'm not talking about that whole mission thing. I'm talking about what you told me when I carried you upstairs ..." I respond as I fidget with her hands.

"Oh no?? What did I say?" she questioned while laughing a little.

"... you don't remember that?" I asked confused.

"YN, I can't remember anything from the moment we fell asleep on the couch. I apologize for whatever I said. I probably didn't think properly," she responded with a laugh before kissing my jaw.

"Right, yeah. you're probably right" I reply quietly, still fidgeting with her hand.

"so, are you going to tell me what I said?" she asked me curiously with a smile.

"Uhm, it's not important. As you said, you probably didn't think right" I replied before pulling her closer to me.