Screensaver (Dixie D'Amelio)

Dixie's View

I see an envelope on the nightstand and I open it.

"Charli canceled my green card. I'm being forced to go back to Switzerland. I know what you did, stay away from me." I read.

"I can't believe you." Someone says from behind me.

I turn around and see Charli.

"You slept with my girlfriend in my own bed. You manipulated her and you didn't think I would find out." Charli says.

"You know she was on anesthesia, she couldn't tell the difference. She doesn't know what happened. I just found out it was all your fault and I lost her because of you." Charli says.

"Charli, it was a mistake." I say.

"No, it wasn't. Stay out of our lives." Charli says.

Charli leaves and I sigh.

1 year later...

I see Y/n get on the bus and I smile.

"We always take taxis." Y/n says.

I know that's not you on the bus cos' you always take taxis

I slowly shake my head and my smile disappears.

I just need to accept the fact that she's gone.

So the thought that I'd see you in London is just a fake fantasy

I was in love with her, and I'll admit that I did take advantage of her. When I acted like Charli around her once, I asked her if she would ever leave "me" for Dixie. She said, no and that was the end of it.

I wish you hadn't said that to my heart when you took that away from me

All of that's in the past, I need to move on. Charli and Y/n got married and have a 3 month old baby now. I fucked up my relationship with everyone and I need to move on.

Well that's in the past like I'll never see who's in the backseat

I'll do this last thing to stop me from thing about this any longer. I take my phone out and dial Y/n's old number.

Y/n's View

My phone rings and I answer it.

"Hello?" I say.

"Is this Y/n?" The caller asks.

"Yes." I say.

"Uh, hey. It's Dixie." They say.

"Oh." I say.

"I just wanted to apologize for what I did, to you and Charli. I was going through a breakup, I don't know what came over me." Dixie says.

And I hate your reasoning

"Dixie, apologizing isn't going to change the way I view you, or the way Charli views you. If you want to feel like a better person, change the story. Say nothing happened and you have a perfect relationship with Charli." I say.

Take what you need from my past
Construct a pretty story about a first love

"You should've have even touched touched me - let alone been around me if you knew you had intentions to practically rape me." I say.