No Promises (Charli D'Amelio)

Charli's View

There's a knock on the door and I get up. I open the door and see Y/n.

"I know you said you didn't want anything, but I got you something anyway. Happy Valentine's Day." Y/n says handing me a small box and flowers.

I start to cry and Y/n hugs me.

Cutting me up like a knife and I feel it, deep in my bones

My grandma died on Valentine's Day 2 years ago and I don't even call February 14 Valentine's Day. It's just the day she died to me.

Y/n got me something and that shows that she really cares.

Kicking a habit I love even harder

"Thank you." I say.

You oughta know

Y/n smiles and wipes my tears.

"We may have only started dating a week ago, but I really care about you. I wanna be by your side, I wanna go through everything you're going through." Y/n says.

I just wanna dive in the water, with you

"That means a lot to me. We don't know what will happen in our relationship, but I want to focus on us now." I say.

Baby, we can't see the bottom

"I agree." She says with a smile.

It's so easy to fall for each other

I smile and hug her tightly.

I'm just hoping we catch one another (Another, another)

Time Skip

"It's nice to meet you." Mom says shaking Y/n's hand.

"Likewise." Y/n says sounding nervous.

"She's a little shy at first, but she's amazing once she gets to know people." I say as Y/n shakes dad's hand.

"Where do you work?" Dad asks.

"I'm actually in college for to be a forensic scientist. I tutor elementary students at the school downtown whenever they need help." Y/n says sounding more comfortable.

"I like her." Dad says.

Y/n smiles and Dixie pulls me into the hallway.

"Isn't she great?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. She looks likes she just wants something from you." Dixie whispers.

"She does not. I told her I didn't want anything for Valentine's Day and she got me something anyway. She said that she wants to go through everything I'm going through." I whisper.

"None of that matters to me. Just be careful, being in love isn't easy." Dixie whispers.

Oh na na, just be careful, na na
Love ain't simple, na na

I nod my head and we go back in the living room. I sit next to Y/n and she smiles. Her phone dings and I grab her phone.

"The code is 001647." Y/n says.