𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

"I missed you, buddy," Aang said, burying his face in Appa's thick fur.

"Appa's back!" Sokka exclaimed. "Oh man, you have no idea how much we've missed you!" he said.

"I can't believe that Appa's back," Katara said.

"Me neither," Suki replied.

They all gave Appa a hug.

As they were about to climb inside the car, a group of Dai Li agents started running in their direction.

Aang glanced at his watch. Uh-oh. It was well past the city's curfew time.

"Quick! Get in the car!" Sokka ordered, and they rushed inside, slamming the doors behind them. Katara took the wheel.

"...just please try not to ruin my new car!" Sokka said.

"I will make no such promises," Katara said, and she slammed on the accelerator.

They sped away in record time.

"Whoo! Thank goodness we got away," Sokka said, leaning back in his seat.

"...You might want to hold that thought, Sokka," Suki said, who had turned around in her seat. "There's a car full of Dai Li agents right on our tail."

Sokka sat up, "What?! Katara, step on it!"

"Say no more," his sister said, and the car swerved left. Suki, Toph, and Sokka toppled over each other, sliding to the right.

"They're still on our tail!" Aang said.

Katara glanced at the rearview mirror, and the side of her mouth curled.

They sped off, and Katara made a few other fast turns, trying to lose them. Things get even more complicated when they see a second car of Dai Li agents driving right in their direction.

The entire time, Katara remained calm and perfectly at ease, her eyes trained to the road. She felt a surge of adrenaline as the speed meter steadily rose to nearly double the speed limit. Aang was amazed at her driving skills.

"Hold your dinner!" Katara warned, right as she made a sharp turn to the right. Her friends in the back slid to the left, but at least they managed to remain in their seats.

"How many more are left?" Katara shouted, glancing behind her. That one extra look cost her.

When she turned her head back to the front, she found another car heading in their direction. Before she could turn left or right, a few other cars blocked the road, so she couldn't turn.

"Great. Just great. We got caught," Sokka said. "Gran-gran's not going to be happy about this."

The Dai Li agents climbed out of their cars, and walked in their direction.

"Sokka, how fast does this thing go?" Katara asked.

"I dunno, why don't you check the miles per hour?"

"Sokka..."

"I mean, it can handle going pretty fast for a long time..."

"That's all I need," Katara said, adjusting her grip on the steering wheel, and placing a hand on the stick to change gears.

"Uuuuuh, Katara? What are you doing?" Aang asked, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

Before the Dai Li could take another step, Katara switched gears and slammed on the accelerator, the car shooting backwards.

She turned the steering wheel around, speeding down the same road that they came in.

"Aren't they going to come after us?" Suki asked.