𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

Sokka was right. It was a spelling bee, surprisingly.

However, the spelling bee only managed to eliminate a handful of students. They had a feeling there would be several elimination rounds if it kept up at this rate.

Nonetheless, Aang passed the first round. Which in itself was a reason to celebrate, as Sokka had suggested, but Katara reminded her brother that there were still at least 7 other individuals running for class president.

The next morning after the first elimination round, Aang didn't show up to school. Katara asked his friends if they knew where he was, but she couldn't find out where he was and why he wasn't at school.

"Give it a rest, Katara. He's probably called in sick," Sokka reassured.

"Then why isn't he answering my texts or calls? Something's wrong, I know it," Katara said, while they walked to the cafeteria. Then she stopped in her tracks as an idea hit her.

She turned to her brother, "Can I borrow your bike?"

"Why?"

Katara dashed past her brother, "Thanks, Sokka! You're the best!"

Sokka stood there, puzzled.

─✧─

Katara sat on top of her brother's bike. It was a bit big, but that was the least of her problems. She plugged her headphones into her phone, quickly typing out Aang's address. The weather was quite windy, and it was just her luck that she decided to wear a floral blouse with cuffed sleeves and some jeans.

After starting the directions, she pocketed her phone and began to pedal. The wind whipped her hair, pulling strands from her half up hair.

She had the route memorized to Aang's house, the directions were just a buffer in case she got lost.

Katara pulled into the driveway, hopping off her brother's bike and propping down the kickstand. She unbuckled her brother's helmet, letting hang on the bike. She ran to the front door, pressing the doorbell button.

─✧─

Aang lay on his bedroom floor. Truth is, he wasn't sick at all.

The doorbell rang, and he supposed it may be the food he ordered for Appa.

But it wasn't.

Aang heard a familiar voice, and he sat up immediately. He peered outside, wasn't that Sokka's bike?

He opened his bedroom door slightly, to see a tall girl with long brown hair. Aang immediately knew who it was.

Katara.

His heart skipped a beat at the sight of her. 

Aang glanced at his watch. It should be their lunch period right now.

Did Katara skip lunch and bike here?

Her voice drifted upstairs, and Aang was only able to catch snippets of their conversation.

Before he knew it, his uncle was calling him downstairs. He threw on a sweatshirt over his pajamas, finger-combing through his brown hair before skipping down the staircase.

Katara's cheeks were flushed and her hair was blown away from her face, probably because of the windy weather outside.

She gave Aang her a smile, and he felt his insides melt.

"I'll leave you two," his uncle said. "Let me know if you need anything."

"Thank you!" Katara said.