The Grand Finale

"It's been a while since we last saw each other." Kakyoin joked, smiling at Jotaro.

Jotaro chuckled. "Yeah." He eyed Kakyoin for a while. 

"What's wrong?"

"There's something I wanna talk about."

"Hmm?"

Jotaro went straight to the point. "Why were you crying last night?"

Kakyoin paused. He wasn't expecting Jotaro to open the subject again.

"As I said, we argued with Polnareff."

Jotaro tilted his head. "Why?"

"He doesn't like our relationship..."

"Why were you wearing your formal clothes in the middle of the light?"

Kakyoin was slowly getting cornered. "I was with a couple of friends."

Jotaro raised a brow. "You said you felt lonely."

"I did." 

Jotaro was onto something. He knew something was up and he was going to question it until he was satisfied. "Are you hiding something, Noriaki?"

"What makes you say that?"

Jotaro sighed, he was annoyed. "Let's see. You appeared in the middle of my room in your formal attire, started crying when I teased you about trying to forget something, told me you had chest pain, and I saw blood on the pillow today." 

Kakyoin stood silent and averted his gaze to the table.

"So there is something after all?"

"Well...yeah. I just don't know how to tell you."

Jotaro tilted his head, waiting for Kakyoin to talk.

"Yesterday...I started coughing blood."

Jotaro tensed. He leaned onto the table, angry and concerned. "And you're telling that now?!"

Kakyoin sighed, "I'm sorry."

Jotaro lowered his voice. "What's the reason for it?"

Kakyoin didn't say a word. He kept his silence, knowing very well Jotaro wouldn't take the news calmly.

"Noriaki, tell me." Jotaro's words sounded like a threat. His voice was deep and worryingly calm. Kakyoin could feel the tension rising in the room.

"There is a hole in my heart." He looked up to make eye contact with Jotaro. 

Jotaro stood silent, waiting for Kakyoin to continue. 

"I'm dying, Jotaro."

Jotaro's face didn't change. He didn't move. He just sat there like a statue, staring at Kakyoin. He was slowly taking in what Kakyoin had just said. 

"Jotaro, please calm dow-"

Jotaro's hand harshly fell on the table, instantly shutting up the redhead. They sat in that unbearable silence for a few more minutes. "You lied to me."

"What?"

"You promised me." He slowly stood up from his seat, his hands still on the table, supporting his giant figure. "You told me you wouldn't leave me." His voice was still calm and low, it was like the silence before a storm.

"Jotaro, there is nothing I can do about this."

Jotaro shoved the table to the side. Its legs made a loud squeak which lightly echoed in the room. Jotaro was standing like a wild beast, hunched slightly forwards. He looked like he was trying to decide what to do or say. Kakyoin could feel his blood pressure rising as he slowly got up, not making any sudden movements. "Please calm down."