18 : Birthstone Bracelet

Aimee's POV:

"Oliver.... and Percy," Y/N said almost hesitant to respond.

I knew Percy a true twat, atleast from what I've heard, but maybe the two of them get along. I don't hear much from Y/N besides stories of Hogwarts here and there and its a bit saddening knowing that she is happier away from home, her own space, me. Im positive I would love the experience of Hogwarts for the first time. A feeling of excitement but also the scared feeling in the pit of my stomach, Hogwarts was too far away for fear to take over now but my muggle calendar on the wall anxiously counted down the days until I would be a first year.

I resumed to what was going on around me exiting my zoning-out like thoughts. Cedric looked like he was about to crush the little box in his hands. I took it upon myself to go and take the box from him before he ruined the little gift for Y/N.

I carefully walked over to him taking the box from his hands and placing it infront of Y/N.

"Go on open it I want to see what you got." I sat right infront acting interested when really I didn't care what was in the box, especially a box from that weasel.

She carefully opened the box revealing a bracelet with 5 charms on it, 5 different color stones. Once I got a closer look I recognized five stones were Emerald, Lapis, Sardonyx, Opal, and Amethyst. Each outlined with a different color rim holding it in place on the bracelet.

"What does it mean?" I asked, honestly confused about the meaning behind the given gift.

"Seems like birthstones to me," Y/N said quietly.

"Well who is which," I said in a demanding tone, not intending to sound rude at any point.

"Well let's see," she grabbed the small bracelet examining it over and over in her hand. "The Emerald is Dakota her birthday is in May, May 17th."

"So is Ashley's, her's is the 2nd" I added.

"And Penelope's is the 6th" Y/N then added after me. It sounded like she just wanted the last word.

"Who's that?" I asked tilting my head at the unrecognizable name.

"That's Dakota's closest mate," Cal said as he walked up to the doorway scaring me a bit.

"Lots of May birthdays," Y/N laughed

"Lots of May Ravenclaws,"Cal added before walking off.

Of course! House enchanted rims, clever.

She stared back at the little bracelet. After examining it for a long time she spoke.

"Lapis is you Aimee!" She said a little louder.

I was instantly intrigued at the mention of my own name.

"What color rim?" I asked.

"White... "She responded blankly just as disappointed as I was. "Sardonyx with a red outline.. hmm?" She questioned herself.

"It's Oliver and Percy they added themselves." Cedric spoke up in a pissy tone, saying the first thing in that seemed like ages.

"Oh," Y/N said as she realized how upset Cedric seemed to be getting. I didn't quite understand why he would be like this. He's a Hufflepuff for crying out loud.

I was still determined to find out who the last two were, I took the small bracelet from her looking it over in my pale hand.

"Amethyst, with yellow rim, it's Cal way too odvious. " I said like a know it all kind of person.

I stared at the bracelet for a couple more minutes.

"This last one I think is Scarlett, it has a yellow outline" I said breaking the odd silence.