8 : Transfiguration

I woke up to the bright light of the sun outside my window enchanted to wake up all Hogwarts students. I got up and headed to the bathroom to shower and to get dressed in my uniform. A white blouse, grey skirt, and Hufflepuff tie overlayed by my black robe. I fixed my hair into a half up half down style, brushed my teeth and headed out to wake up Scarlett since the sun didn't seem to affect her.

"Scarlett" I whispered.

"Hm" she half awakedly hummed back.

"I'm heading down for breakfast you gotta get up and dressed so you don't miss any classes on our first day." I replied back with a louder tone.

"Uh fine if you say so." She mumbled as she accidentally rolled off the bed.

I just stood there laughing a bit before I asked if she was okay and then I headed down to the Common room.

"Hello there Dixon." A voice said.

I turned around and was eye to eye with Cedric.

I gasped, jumping a bit, "Gosh Cedric you scared me."

"I know I saw you jump." He laughed which I soon joined in on. "Come on then let's go get breakfast don't want to leave Cal waiting for too long."

I nodded and followed Cedric to the Great Hall for breakfast. Once we arrived the owls soon came by and dropped letters off infront of us. I never saw Newt so I just assumed I had no mail which I was perfectly fine with. Although Cal did get a letter. A nice pale yellow envelope with a seal that read "The Rosadle Family".

"Who are they?" I leaned over and asked Cal.

"Thier my mother's sister's family, quite annoying people actually. Very rich muggles, every year they send me the same letter asking if I'll move in with them and leave Hogwarts. Which I kindly decline each year." He replied in a soft tone. "Anyway bye you two I'm going to sit with Ashley." He said as he left. I just waved but his back was already turned heading toward Ravenclaw table.

Just as he left Newt came by and dropped a letter infront of me. I fed him some bread crumbs and then the little bird flew off. I admired the red envelope infront of me reminding me of Gryffindor colors. Awh dad must have wrote to me. I thought boy was I wrong.

Just as I was about to open it Cedric grabbed my shoulder "Y/N don't open that!" he said frantically.

"Why shouldn't I?" I asked back concerned.

"Open it just not here," He said "Maybe somewhere with soundproof walls and bulletproof glass."

I laughed assuming his sarcasm "What are you going on about Diggory." I said back as I opened the letter.

The letter rose up, folded out into a mouth, and started shouting.

"NO PUREBLOOD CHILD OF MINE." it started screaming, I could feel everyone's eyes on me. "WILL BE SORTED INTO THE WEAKEST HOUSE OF THEM ALL! YOU COULD HAVE BEEN BRAVE LIKE YOUR FATHER OR SMART LIKE YOUR SISTER OR CUNNING LIKE ME." I recognized the voice as my mom's. "BUT YOU CHOSE TO BE GULLIBLE AND WEAK! WHAT A DISAPONTMENT YOU ARE TO OUR ENTIRE FAMILY! DON'T LOOK AT ME EVER AGAIN I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE AS LONG AS YOU REPRESENT THAT HOUSE! YOU ARE NO LONGER MY DAUGHTER!" the letter finished as it ripped itself to shreds. I could feel tears forming but I held them back for sake of not embarrassing myself more. Everyone's eyes were definitely on me, I wished they all went back to eating instead everyone laughed everyone except for Cal, Ashley, Penny, Percy, Cedric, and myself. I saw Percy elbow a brown haired boy in the side who immediately stopped laughing but I had no idea who he was. Even Dakota laughed at what was going on she must have been the one to owl to mom and dad about my selection. Cedric pulled me into his chest holding one of his hands on my back and the other over my ear to muffle all the laughs around me.

"You were right," I whispered into his chest.

"But you didn't know," He said rubbing my arm "You didn't know."

❀︎--☆---♡︎---☆--❀︎

We sat like that for a while not moving not saying a word just my softened crying filling the quiet air around us. Eventually people started filing out to get their supplies for thier classes.

"So what's your first class?" Cedric asked breading the silence.

"Um Transfiguration with Mcgonagall I think," I replied between sniffles a little unsure.

"I have that first too, so I'll show you where it is." He responded back. "If you ever need help with any other classes finding them or the work you can ask me anytime okay."

"Okay," I responded back shyly as we continued walking.

When we got to the common room we ment our separate ways to our dorms. We grabbed our books, parchment, quills, and supplies we would need for our first few classes and then headed towards Transfiguration. Everything was fairly quiet until a couple of 5th years approached us.

"How's it feel being the most unwanted kid in all of Hogwarts?" a random Slytherin asked as they shoved a rolled up piece of parchment in my face like a microphone.

"You're mother was right you are quite weak." Another random Gryffindor butted in as they all erupt into laughter.

"Hey leave her alone!" Cedric shouted as he threw an arm around my shoulder pulling me a bit closer to him.

"Awh Dixon your little boyyyfriendddd is coming to save you, I'm touched," the Gryffindor said sarcastically.

"What are you going to do about it 2nd year? Huh? Your just as weak as she is!" The Slytherin hissed at Cedric and stepped closer toward us.

"I'll do this," Cedric shouted and then he punched the Slytherin boy right outside the Transfiguration room.

1002 words🧡

A/N: Two chapters is one day I'm proud of myself 😂. Yeah this chapter gets a little interesting but I hope you all enjoyed it. Comment and Vote of you'd like but no pressure:). Hope everyone is having a great morning, afternoon, or night. ❤️