14 : Gold Lettering

'So what's first?'

Y/N's POV:

"Let's go hardest to easiest, so Potions, Transfiguration, and so on and so forth. Got it."

"Yep" I replied back nodding my head.

"First will be Potions"... he paused for a minute. "So do you have the Potions Textbook the one labeled potions of misconfiguration developed 835-1035?" Cedric asked me.

"I've never been to potions-." I said back looking down, but it was true. The first day we were dismissed from all classes and then I was unconscious for the almost 2 weeks.

"Oh.. right well we can just go to the library and check you out a copy" Cedric said as he got up leading me to library.

Once we got there he approached Madam Pince "Good Evening Madam Pince.... By any chance do you know where we can find the potions book copies" Cedric asked having a sweet tone in his voice.

She set down her book and looked at us "Over there, third section" she replied.

"Thank you," I said quietly almost inaudible.

"Here it is," Cedric said pointing to a red book with maroon and gold lettering.

I pulled it out of its place on the shelf rubbing my finger over the spine.

After checking out that book we headed back to the common room, starting almost immediately.

❀︎--☆---♡︎---☆--❀︎

We worked all the way until dinner stopping after we finished charms only having a few papers left. We made our way out of the common room meeting Cal in the hallway.

"So I heard Aimee came by." Cal said

"Yeah she did it was pretty great of a surprise thank you guys." I said back giving them side hugs.

"Absolutely no problem Y/N" Cedric said as Cal nodded.

"I have a surprise of my own" Cal said in a very quiet voice.

"What is it?" I asked curiosity creeping up on me.

"Were not making it a big deal so don't go telling everyone" Cal said making eye contact with Cedric at the last part.

"Just tell us," Cedric groaned

"I won't tell anyone Callum" Cedric said shoving Cal. "Just tell us mate."

Cal sighed then finally told "Ashley and I are dating."

"Uh finally I've been waiting 800 years! but yay for you two." I said back nudging Cal a bit.

"Yeah so DON'T make a big deal please." Cal said narrowing his eyes and having a very serious tone.

We finally made it to the great hall Cal moving to go sit with Ashley leaving Cedric and I to make small talk mainly asking about the homework and about each other's days.

❀︎--☆---♡︎---☆--❀︎

Dinner was finally over after a couple of little speeches from Dumbledore we made our way back to the common room.

Upon re entering the common room this time sitting on the couch with Cedric to finish up the little bit we had left.

At about 8:40pm us finishing up Herbology homework last and him also teaching me about different types of plants I'll learn about this year and what they are meant to do whether to cure or kill.

"I think that's it." Cedric said clearly tired out.

"Thank Merlin" I said back slumping into the couch.

"So how did your day with Aimee go?" He questioned turning to me.

"It was great I showed her around, we even played a bit of wizards chess she's a master at it," I responded laughing a bit "but still I can't thank you guys enough if I knew she was coming I would have woken up sooner." I said adding a bit of sarcasm at the end.

"Yeah, you gave us all a real good scare with that one." Cedric said back "Do you remember anything from it."

"Not really the last thing I remember was coming into the Great Hall using Floo." I responded upset that I didn't know more.

"That's pretty close to the time you passed out actually" Cedric replied

"Really" I was a bit shocked at why I did know more than I thought I did.

We sat there for a bit in comfortable silence.

"Hey you two." Scarlett said skipping into the common room interupting the silence.

"What are you doing back in here so late?" I asked her "I thought you were upstairs."

"Madam Pince kicked me out of the library and then some 7th year Gryffindor took off points from Hufflepuff because I was 'out past curfew' I was litterally coming up the steps to the portrait." Scarlett scoffed walking up the steps "I'm heading to bed, night !" She yelled down from half way up.

I heard the familiar shut of our dorm door then I turned to Cedric "I should probably go up aswell."

"Wait," I heard Cedric say behind me. "Your gonna need these things." He said handing me my books and extra parchment "And this," he said as he kissed me on the cheek. I stood there a little stunned at the act but me and my awkwardness just stood there looking at him like a limp noodle.

"Goodnight Y/N" he whispered to me

"Goodnight" I said to him as he backed away to the boys dorm steps.

I headed up towards my dorm as soon as I opened the door I was greeted my a very happy Scarlett shaking my shoulders.

"I- I saw that," she half said half shrieked.

"Saw what?" I asked back playing dumb.

"I'm not an idiot I saw it happen just now the thing with You and Diggory" she said back crossing her arms.

"That was nothing" I said turning around to grab my stuff for a shower and for me to change into pjs after.

"Really because your still blushing," she said almost in a demanding tone.

"It because your embarrassing me you bewitched Bludger." I said as I headed to the bathroom.

"Okay okay sure whatever you say." Scarlett said raising her hands almost like she was offended or something.

I got into the shower letting the warm water fall into my skin. I did my normal routine getting out and changing into a plain black T shirt and Yellow and Black plaid pyjamas pants that either used to be Cals or used to be Dakotas. The number of hand me downs I own is superior.

I brushed my teeth and hair using a spell to dry my hair faster. I looked into the mirror for a bit looking at myself touching my right cheek exactly where Cedric had kissed me less than just 35 minutes ago. I could remember it clearly his soft lips against my cheek and to think I just stood there like an Idiot. What is my problem?

I walked out into our dorm as soon as I walked in I could hear Scarlett's soft snoring from over towards her bed. I used a cleaning spell to clean the clothes I had worn that day, folding them neatly and then placing them in the right drawers. I fed Newt some food and read through some letters Newt had brought me from my dad.
I made sure to feed Winter, Scarlett's cat just because she had barely any food in her bowl. I put Newt back in his cage to make sure he wouldn't fly away at night (I'd let him out in the morning). I slowly slipped down under the covers falling asleep with a huge childish smile showing on my face.

1247 words📘

A/N: Totally clueless on what's gonna happen next so....message me anything you might want to see in the book. Vote and comment if you'd like. Probably won't be another update for a bit. 💕