The Waiting Game

*no one's POV*

Wanda remained in a coma for many days. Then those days turned to weeks. Her third week in a coma was approaching. Y/n stayed with her the entire time, except for when Nat forced her to take a shower and rest for a few hours. Y/n felt as if she had to stay. She wanted to tell her sorry. She had to tell her.

*y/ns POV*

"okay Wanda, what movie will we be watching today" I always talk to her as if she is awake. I guess it keeps me from driving myself insane from worrying.

" Wanda keep your eyes closed if you want to watch mamma Mia!, looks like the decision is made". I put on the movie and sit in my chair beside Wandas bed. Throughout the whole movie all I can think about is her. Ever since I found her that day, ever since what happened in my head, I have felt connected to her. It's weird but I feel like I need to be around her to function.

I lay my head on the side of the bed and just stare at her. She has been in this bed for weeks and she still looks great. "Come on Wanda, wake up, I know my dad wants us to be hopeful but I'm tired of this waiting game."

Just as I stand up to grab some water I hear the sound of Wandas bed shifting. "Y/n" she says weakly. "You're awake. Oh my god. You're actually awake I can't believe it." you start to jump in excitement. "I will go tell the others" you say.

*nobodys POV*

Wanda:"wait y/n"

Y/n:"is everything okay Wanda"

Wanda :"I just don't want everyone in here all at once. I don't wanna get overwhelmed. Can it just be you and me for a little while?"

Y/n:" of course Wanda, anything for you. Do you need anything?"

Wanda :" I need to know what happened. How did you even find me? "

Y/n:" I heard you"

Wanda:"how? I wasn't even shouting. I was too weak..."

Y/n:"I heard you. In my head talking to that guy. I got this headache and then I heard a voice. I knew it was you straight away. I'd recognise that thick accent anywhere."

Wanda laughs and y/n looks at her and smiles. Wanda blushes slightly and tries to divert the attention from her getting flustered.

Wanda :" so how could you hear me, in your head? "

Y/n:" I don't even know. All I knew was that you were in trouble. This might sound stupid but I felt connected to you in that moment. Wanda I have to tell you something"

Wanda :"go ahead-"

Nat:"Wanda! You are awake oh my god. Y/n why didn't you say something?!"

Wanda :" I wanted a minute to gather myself nat. I asked y/n to say nothing."

Nat:"oh okay, I'll go get the rest"

Nat leaves the room leaving the girls alone again. Wanda turns to y/n

Wanda :"what did you wanna tell me?"

Y/n:"you have a lot going on right now, I'll let you talk with the rest of the team and if you are still up for it later and not too tired I'll tell you. For now just relax and spend time with the others."

Y/n shoots Wanda a smile and gets up to leave. Wanda smiles back and her face is lit up when she sees the rest of the team. Y/n quietly leaves the room leaving the team in medbay.

*y/ns POV*

Its probably best to leave her with the team for awhile. It's not like we are friends and she would want me to stay. I hope we can talk later so I can tell her. Maybe then we actually could be friends. We could move on and get along. I would really like that. I hope she would like that too. Until then I will shower and maybe cook something for dinner. This is gonna be a long evening....