Roman.

"Let me see my sister." He gritted through his teeth slowly. Sister.

"My sister listens to Lana Del Ray." Roman commented as I turned back.

On it were painted pictures of clouds, high-heels, Lana Del Rey song lyrics.

... and as a Lana Del Rey song came on, we both simultaneously, unconsciously murmured the lyrics.

There were posters of singers like Selena Gomez, Lana Del Rey, and Halsey stuck to the walls...

...as well as sketched pictures of frogs and rabbits for some unknown reason.

Little frogs and rabbits lined the bottom with cute smiley faces.

"What's with the frogs and rabbits?"

Roman's face went a little red. "Oh sorry. I told her not to do that. She has an obsession with those things."

She explained to me how she loved to paint frogs and rabbits because, in her opinion, they were the cutest animals on earth.

It was gorgeous to say the least. A stunning meadow filled with soft, vibrant flowers and a sky that swirls in all colours of blue with sweet, puffy clouds. In the distance I could see a small cottage glowing with light.

Turns out Melody wanted to be an artist and open up an art studio one day.

"I put the thing together, but I know someone who's insanely good at art and so she painted it,"

"You have a sister?"

"Yeah, she's fifteen."

  She looked around my age, maybe a year or so younger.

Oh my god. It was in front of me the whole time and I was so blind to it. Well done, Sienna.

My feet couldn't move to get to him. I just stood there in shock, unable to speak or process anything to say. She was Skye. She was Roman's little sister. She wasn't at some prestigious, private school in the city. She was sick and in hospital. I didn't want to think about how hard that was for him.

"I'm afraid we can't do that." The nurse shook her head and gave him a stern look.

"Let me see my sister or I will burn this fucking hospital to the ground!" he exclaimed, and my feet moved before I could think to do so. Doctors were already trying to restrain him as I ran up to him and cupped his face between my hands.

"Hey, hey! It's okay, it's okay." I calmed, looking straight into his eyes. They widened and lit up at the sight of me.

"Sienna?" he whispered, stunned. "What... what are you doing here?"

"What's the problem here?" a security guard walked into the hall, suspiciously looking at Roman, as if ready to tackle him down.

"I need to see my sister." Roman begged.

The nurse threw her hands in the air and exclaimed, "This boy barged in here and threatened to burn the whole hospital down –!"

"It's an empty threat." I cut her off. "He just really needs to see his sister."

The security guard gave a long look our way before dismisses it with a shaking head. "Then he has to wait like everyone else until the staff says he can."

"She's my baby sister! There's no fucking way I'm letting these idiots keep her –"

"Roman, it's okay." I desperately pulled his face so he could see me. He was still focusing on the nurse behind me. "It's okay. I'm here, okay? And you're gonna get to see Skye, I promise. Okay?" I tried my best to calm him. It wasn't okay. I couldn't make it be okay. Yet I had to at least try. His eyes shot to mine and I could see a sense of clarity now glinting behind his eyes. I turned to the security guard and nurse.