Chapter Twelve

(This happened before minghao was kidnapped)

The door of the throne room burst open, revealing a panting royal guard and Samuel. The king stood up as he sensed something wrong from the faces of both the royal guard and Samuel.

"Your highness, a foreigner has entered our country." The royal guard said with his head down.

Then Samuel took a step forward. "Jun-Hyung told me that this foreigner was an assassin from his hometown, who should have died several years ago!" He said loudly, which made the royal guard a little annoyed with his 'rudeness'.

"That's not good. How about the others? Where are the other chosen boys?" The king asked calmly, but Samuel knows that inside, the king was panicking.

"Minghao-Hyung is fighting him alone, Jun-Hyung went back here with me and went to the medical room, he was beaten up by the assassin and has almost no energy left. And the others are on their way to help Minghao-Hyung." Samuel answered.

"Hyungsoo," The royal guard beside Samuel tilted his head.

"Tell the other guards: Stay alert, that's my order." The king said.

"Yes, your highness." The royal guard said.

After the royal left, the atmosphere of the throne room went quiet. It was really awkward for Samuel because he had been wanting to ask something, in private, to the king since the first day, but he just didn't have the courage to ask.

As the king sat on his throne, with his pink bird on his shoulder, Samuel suddenly fake coughed, which caused himself to get a little bit shocked.

"fuck you Samuel! Why did you coughed?" He scolded himself, which made the king chuckle at his childishness.

"Is there perhaps something you would like to ask?" The king asked.

Samuel fake coughed a couple of times before he nervously answered. "A-Actually...there is something i've been wanting to ask..." He said, fiddling with his fingers.

The king smiled. "As I thought." He mumbled.

"Can you please lead me to the secret dungeon...?" Samuel asked politely.

Once again, the atmosphere went quiet. Samuel got nervous because he thought he said something wrong.

The king looked at his bird with a worried face, and the bird suddenly flapped his wings and flew from the king's shoulder.

A strong wind came from the opened windows, to the bird who was flying above Samuel and the king. The wind slowly turned white as it started to surround the bird, making it hard for Samuel to see the bird clearly.

"What the..." Samuel mumbled and widened his eyes when he saw that the bird was no longer there, but a pink-haired boy floating in the air.

The pink-haired boy slowly went down and stood in front of Samuel, making the younger go speechless.

"Greetings, human! My name is Choi Yeonjun, a hybrid who has accompanied this kingdom since the first king's era!" The pink-haired boy said and bowed.

"I am the only one who knows how to go into the secret dungeon."

Samuel tilted his head and widened his eyes, making the hybrid chuckle.

"C-Can you take me there?" He asked.

Yeonjun sighed and shook his head, making the younger frown. "Sadly, no. At least not now." Yeonjun said.

"What do you mean, 'not now'?" Samuel asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"This will be a long story..."

(Still no a/n cuz i've been busy these days)