Short + Chapter Eight

"Hyung! Wake up!" This voice sounds familiar.

It's... my voice...

"Wake up.. please..." A female voice said with a soft but sad tone.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but...he's dead." W-Wait What?!

Only a second had passed and I could hear sobs violently echoing in my ears.

"Hansol-ah, come on let's go home. Your brother will be buried tomorrow."

What?! I have a brother?

"But..."

"Come on Hansol, let's...go home..." the voice gets softer and softer as it talks with a sad and painful tone.

"O-Okay..."

"Ma'am, can I have your son's name before you leave?"

"S-Sure... It's-"

At the moment the woman was about to say his name, I immediately opened my eyes widely and jolted up from a comfy bed.

I froze for a few seconds, my eyes looking around. Then I realized I was in my new room.

My body was sweating and I was panting heavily. I had the same weird dream since a few months ago and I don't know if the dream is from memory or is just a dream.

'I haven't heard his name...' I mumbled.

His name, I need to know his name...

This time I could hear the conversation more clearly and I realized that they were talking about a dead person in front of the dead person.

And the dead person turns out to be my brother.

I turned my head to the door when I heard it creaked open, and the person behind the door happens to be one of the other chosen boys.

"Oh! You're awake. The others are outside in the garden, you know, just having fun and all of that. Wanna join them?" He asked.

"S-Sure...?"

"Okay! Follow me!" He said but I just stared at him, admiring his face.

There was dead silence after that and I was too nervous to talk.

"Uh?" He coughed, making me flinch. "Dude I know I'm gorgeous but can you please don't stare at me like that? It's creeping me out, Seriously."

"O-Oh... So, uh..."

"It's Seungkwan."

"So...Seungkwan, w-where's the garden...?" I asked, looking away from him to hide my red cheeks.

He smiled. "Follow me."

— —

"What the fuck Mingyu?!"
"Ah- I'm so sorry Jihoon-Hyung! It was an accident!"
"So you're Chinese too?"
"Yup, I'm quite famous back in China. You sure you don't recognize me, cutie?"
"Eww gross..."
"Dude quit talking in Chinese, we don't understand you!"

"Guys be quiet! Hansol's awake."

Suddenly, the garden was quiet, making it awkward for Hansol due to everyone staring at him without saying anything at all.

"Uh... how long did I slept?" He asked nervously, trying to break the silence.

"About 6 hours, now is currently around 9-10 pm," Wonwoo said.

"Uh, okay...so...did I miss anything? The battle?" Hansol asked.

"Nope, Jiyong-Hyung canceled it after you passed out because he had some important things to do, and we've been in our rooms and this garden all day long, kinda boring I guess..." Samuel said while playing with a puppy.

"Oh..."

"But hey, now that you're awake now, might as well have some fun and forget all about those training. We can do it next time." Seungkwan patted his back.

"But...I need to train my powers..."

"Don't worry Hyung, just have some fun sometimes, don't push yourself," Chan said, making him sigh in defeat.

By the end, he ended up having fun with the rest of them and got to know them more. Honestly, having friends that care for each other is something he never felt. Surely he loved it, he was very thankful.

— —

"Hey, Samuel," Chan called the younger male.

"Yes, Hyung?"

"Don't you think saving the world is too...mature for us? I'm not being selfish...but I just- well..."

"Worried?"

Chan nodded at the younger's words.

Samuel sighed. "Honestly Hyung, me too. But what can we do? Runaway from all of this? Surely no. We have to face all of it and not show our weak side." He said, staring at the ceiling.

"You got a point..." Chan sighed.

"I have a question," Samuel said, trying to change the topic.

"Ask away."

"Have you ever fell in love with someone, Channie-Hyung?" He asked turning to face the older and stared deeply into his eyes, which are widened because of the unexpected question.

"W-What? Me?"

Chan could feel his cheeks burning and his heart beating faster.

"Uh, n-no." He said, looking away.

"Oh..." Samuel said, slightly disappointed at the older's answer.

To be honest, he expected Chan to say yes.

Since they first became friends, Chan had been acting weird whenever the two are standing or sitting really close to each other.

If he said yes, Samuel would be happy. Because since the first time he knew Chan, even before they became friends, he has feelings for the older but too shy and nervous to express it to him.

"Why did you asked?" He flinched at the sudden question.

"O-Oh, it's nothing. It just kinda popped up in my mind and wanted to ask you about it." He scratched his nape.

Now you must be wondering why Chan and Samuel are staying in the same room.

Well, Chan is scared of ghosts and isn't brave enough to sleep alone. So he sometimes slept with his two brothers, but more often slept with Samuel since he often stays over at Chan's.

And the two had been liking each other since they became friends but aren't brave enough to tell each other about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooooo- look who finally made a romantic chapter? Me:P

It's not the best chapter but I hope you like it! Cuz like I said, my mind's really blank rn so it's hard for me to write the next chapters;-;

More romantic parts will be coming y'all! And for those who doesn't like gay relationships, i'm sorry.

Opinion about this book so far~