Part 9 - Kissing in the library

Phil’s POV

I was sitting in class, waiting for our lesson to start. Usually Dan and I walked to school together. He used to be walking a little further away from me, and then I would catch up with him, but he didn’t show up today. And then I thought “He’s probably already in school.” but he wasn’t either. He was probably just late.

“Hi Phil!” I heard behind me.

I looked and fast recognized it was Carrie. Carrie was the person I talked mostly with, besides Dan. I also really enjoyed her company. She was always with a smile on her face, and we made each other laugh.

“Hi Carrie.” I said and smiled to her.

She sat down on Dan’s seat.

“Where’s Dan?” she asked.

“Don’t know.” I answered.  

“He’ll probably show up sometime.” She said.

I nodded. Then she started talking about something funny that happened at her house. And we both were laughing loudly. Then came our teacher. And still no Dan. Carrie kissed my cheek and giggled her way to her seat. I sat smiling, and started drawing doodles on a piece of paper. “It’s lonely without Dan sitting next to me.” I thought, and just moments later, Dan walked through the door. It looked like he had only straightened half of his hair, but he still looked amazing.

“Sorry I’m late.” Dan apologized, without much excitement in his voice, to the teacher and sat down on his seat. He sighed.

“Tough morning?” I asked.

“I woke up to Addison screaming. Apparently there was a fucking mouse in the bathroom, and I couldn’t get peace before I caught the bastard and released it outside. It took me a freaking hour.” Dan said.

I laughed, and Dan gave me a smile before he buried his face in his hands.  

“You poor thing.” I said and stroked his arm.

The bell rang and as usual I was on my way to the library. It was ok, ‘cause Dan just walked with Mike, Jeffrey and the other popular kids. He had said before that he would love to be with me, but I’ve told him it was fine, and that I enjoyed being alone during breaks. I’ve always done that, also at my old school. Everytime we had break, I spend my time at the library with a good book, because I felt safe there. No one around to bother me or stuff like that. And now I had just stuck with the routine, even though Dan and Carrie would gladly spend time with me. And I also wanted to hang around other people, but this was safe, and I knew it always would be. I was at halfway there when Dan suddenly caught up to me. I gasped.

“Dan? What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I want to spend this break with you.” Dan answered.

“Uhm… Ok, what do you wanna do?” I asked.

“Phil, I wanna do what you usually do!” Dan said.

“What I usually do? But… I usually only read?” I answered confused.

“Then that’s what we’re doing.” Dan said.

I shook my head.

When we walked in to the library, there was no one there as always. I sat down in one of the sofas, grabbed a book from my bag and started reading. Dan came back with a stack of comic books. I just smiled and continued reading. After a while I noticed Dan was staring at me.

“What?” I asked.

“You look so serious when you’re reading. It’s adorable.” He said.

I just shook my head.

“You’re crazy.” I said, smiled and looked down my book again.

I suddenly felt Dan’s hand on my thigh.

“Dan?”

He moved closer to me and leaned in for a kiss. I leant away from him.

“Dan, what are you doing? What if someone sees us?!” I said worried.

“Relax, have you ever experienced anyone else than you here in break?” Dan said calm.

“No but…” I said before getting interrupted with a kiss from Dan.

I dropped the book and placed my hand on his waist and ran my other hand through his hair. Dan pulled me closer into him. Then I realized where we were, and moved away from him again. Dan gave me a disappointed look.

“Sorry Dan, I’m not comfortable doing it here.” I said.

Dan stood up.

“Well, break is almost over anyway.” He said and took his books and put them back on the shelve.

He headed for the door, when I walked up behind him, kissed him on the cheek and walked past him, opening the door for him. He smiled, kissed me on the cheek and walked through the door.

Dan’s house, after school…

I entered his room.

“You have cleaned up.” I said grinning.

Dan locked the door and sat his bag down on the floor. I sat my bag down, still looking at Dan’s room, still shocked over how different it looked when it was tidied up. Suddenly Dan pushed me on to his bed and lay on top of me, kissing me hard. His tongue was rolling around in my mouth and his hand had slid up under my shirt. He unattached our lips and looked me directly in the eyes.

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that!” he said.

I laughed and kissed his lips quickly.

“God I love you.” I said.

He licked my cheek and laughed.

“Well, not anymore.” I said sarcastic.

He started kissing my neck, making me moan lightly.

“You sure?” Dan said looking me in the eyes.

Oh, those eyes. It made Dan so irresistible.

“No…” I said silently.

Dan laughed and kissed me again.

Oh god, how could someone be so freaking perfect?” I thought to myself.

Dan rolled off me and lay on his side next to me instead, just staring at me. I rolled over on my side, so we had eye contact. I wiped some of his hair away from his face. Dan was just staring directly into my eyes, making my heart melt.

“So perfect…”