Part 8 - I love you

Dan's POV

I lifted the duvet he was lying with, and lied in spoon with him, holding my arms around him. I could feel him shaking.

"Dan, can you please just go." Phil said cold.

"Can you please just listen?" I said.

"You don't have to explain Dan. I saw what I saw." Phil said.

I could feel that he was crying.

"Phil, I know what it must've looked like from your point of view. But Lily and I are just friends. We've always been." I said.

"Sure didn't look like that." Phil said cold.

"But I regretted it the moment I realized you weren't there." I said.

Phil was silent.

"Phil, please. You have to forgive me. Lily doesn't mean anything to me. You're the only one for me. You have to believe me, 'cause I..."

I was just about to swallow my words.

"Damn, I love you Phil."

There. I said it. And I couldn't take it back now. But I didn't want to. I did love Phil, very much. It was official now. Phil finally turned around, facing me.

"The stupid thing is I know that. I just can't stand to see you with her. You're my boyfriend." Phil said.

I moved some hair that covered his eyes. His eyes were red and watery. I kissed his forehead and pulled him in for a hug. A tear rolled down my cheek too.

"I'm so sorry I hurt you Phil." I said.

I still hurt inside me, just thinking about it. Phil sniffled.

"I love you Dan." he said.

I was afraid, I would never be able to lay with Phil again. There was no better feeling in the world than lying, cuddling with Phil. We lay together talking 'till 8 pm. Then I walked home to grab some things, so I could go back and spend the night at Phil's.