Part 4 - "Can't we just please talk?"

Dan's POV

I had been avoiding Phil a few days now. Ever since that rejection-episode happened, I couldn't stand to be near him, without being close to burst out to tears. Phil had been writing loads of text messages that I had been ignoring. But in the middle of class, Phil threw a piece of paper on my desk. At first I didn't want to open it, so I just put it in my pencil case. But I was too curious, so I opened the note.

Please Dan, can we just talk it through. I feel really bad about what happened. Listen... I like you, ok? Can't we just please talk?

I grabbed my pencil, turned the paper around and wrote:

I don't think that's a good idea. I don't know why I did it, it was a mistake.

I threw the paper on Phil's table, and moments later the bell rang. I grabbed my bag and almost ran out of the door. I really didn't want to walk with Phil right now. I just wanted to go home. Wait a minute. Phil said he liked me? On the video and on the paper! Forget it. He obviously regretted it when he tried it

"You can't just ignore me!" I heard behind me.

Phil ran up next to me. I avoided eye contact.

"I can't? Watch me." I answered coldly.

"Can't we please talk, Dan. I don't want to throw our friendship away. Please just... Just talk to me?"

I stopped up. My cold facade broke.

"No we can't, Phil. I don't think you know how much it hurt. Should we just go home and study, play video games and act like nothing happened? I can't do that. I just can't. So just let me be." I said and started walking again.

"Dan I don't want us to act like nothing happened. I... I  wanted something to happen. Can't we just please talk this through? For me?" Phil said.

I sighed.

"Fine." I said, and we went to Phil's house. 

Phil sat on a chair and I sat on the edge of the bed. The silence killed me.

"I'm sorry I tried to kiss you. I don't know what I was thinking. It's just... I thought you felt the same way about me." I said.

Phil was looking at the ground as usual. It was like I was talking to myself instead of talking to Phil.

"I've always been really outgoing, and I'm not used to rejection at all. And I don't know why I suddenly like you. I just do. And then you rejected me, but I really thought you liked me."

I couldn't hold the tears back. They just started rolling down my cheeks. I looked out the window, hoping Phil didn't notice, but he did.

"Dan, are you crying? Please don't cry, Dan. Please." Phil said sadly.

He sat next to me and put his hand on my cheek. I didn't need his pity so I pulled away.

"Dan. I really wanted to kiss you the other day. Trust me, I really did. I was just so confused. I mean.. I'd never expected you to feel this about me. And it came out of nowhere. I didn't know what to do. And then you ignored me after I had thought it through and decided to give it a chance. Dan... Please just... Look at me." Phil said.

I turned my head and looked at him. I could see sadness in his face when he saw my miserable face. Then he leaned in and kissed me. And it felt like there was explosions in my head and stomach. It was just a simple kiss, until the kiss got more wild and hungry. We lay down on his bed and slowly my tongue slipped in his mouth. Our tongues were playing tag with each other. Then our lips split and he looked up in the ceiling.

"I... just kissed you." Phil said.

"Wow, I didn't notice that at all." I said.

Phil made an annoyed face and kissed my forehead. I lay my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beating just as fast as mine was. Phil wrapped his arms around me, and poked a finger in my side. I screamed and laughed.

"That was mean!" I said.

He continued to tickle me and I twisted so much, I fell on the floor. He sat on top of me, holding my arms and leaned down for a kiss. I turned my head away.

"No, I don't kiss under hostage!" I said offended.

Phil leaned down right in front of me, lips almost touching.

"You sure?" he said.

I couldn't resist and leant up and kissed him.

"What would've happened if I didn't lay my hand on yours?" I asked on the floor, with Phil lying on my chest.

"I've would've gone crazy! I always wanted to jump on you." Phil said laughing.

"You should have done that. That would've been sexy." I said cheekily. 

"Yeah, in the middle of English." Phil said jokingly.

"I bet mrs. Wilson would enjoy watching that." I said.

Phil laughed, and I kissed his cheek. This was just perfect.