Part 7 - "Where did Phil go?"

Dan's POV

The next day

I woke up in my own bed, with a huge headache. I would've expected Phil lying next to me. Then I heard him downstairs. I quickly stood up, but quickly regretted it when my head hurt like hell. I slowly walked downstairs and found Phil standing in the kitchen with Addison, my little sister.

"Good morning." Phil said.

I smiled at him and sat down at the kitchen table.

"Your sister is a life saver. This drink she made totally made my hangover disappear." Phil said.

"Yep, she's adorable." I said sarcastically.

Addison hit me and handed me her hangover-drink anyway. That drink had saved me from a bad hangover a lot of times.

"Gotta go, see you!" Addison said, put her jacket on and ran out the door.

"Are your parents home?" Phil asked.

"No, they're visiting my aunt." I said and took another sip of my drink, which was already starting to work.

Phil stood up, walked behind me and leant down and kissed my cheek. I stood up, swung my arms around his waist and kissed him intensely. He wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed me harder. I took my hand up under his shirt and ran my hand up his back. Suddenly my phone started ringing. We both released from each other and sighed. It was Mike.

"Hello?"

"What's up Dan? We're down at the field playing football. You and Phil wanna come?"

I took the phone away from my ear and looked at Phil.

"Do we wanna play football down at the field?" I asked.

"I guess we could do that." Phil said.

I held the phone up to my ear again.

"Ok, we'll be there in a bit." I said and hung up.

I kissed Phil quickly on the mouth.

"Come on, let's get dressed then." I said and started walking upstairs, with Phil following me.

We've just arrived at the big field. All the people from the class were there, and some other from the other classes. We started playing for about an hour when I got too hot and decided to take a break in the shadow. I sat and watched Phil run around after the ball. I smiled to myself. My god, he's sweet. Suddenly Lily sat down next to me.

"Hi" she said, not sounding overly-excited as she usually does.

"Hi." I said back.

"I'm sorry about yesterday, it was ridiculous. I was drunk." Lily said.

"It's alright." I said and gave her the classic Howell smile.

"Anyway, who is this special someone?" she asked smiling.

"No one." I answered.

"Oh, drop that. You started blushing when I mentioned it, so there is someone! Come on, tell me!" Lily said inpatiently.

"It's not that big a deal." I said.

"Not a big deal? Shut up! The school's Casanova has got a girlfriend. It's a fucking sensation!" Lily said still smiling.

"It doesn't matter." I said and poked her in the side.

Lily whined and burst out to laughter. I found it quite hilarious and continued doing it.

"Dan! Dan, stop it! It's not funny, stop!" she screamed laughing.

I sat on top of her, holding her arms with my legs and tickled her.

"Dan, seriously stop!" she said laughing.

I crawled off her again, still laughing a bit, and looked at the field. But I couldn't see Phil anywhere. I stood up and looked around.

"Where did Phil go?" I asked.

"I don't know, I think he left." Lily said still smiling.

Then I realized it. Lily and I. It must've looked awful at Phil's point of view. I got a lump in my throat, and started to get a nervous feeling in my stomach. I started walking away from the field.

"Hey, you don't have to go because he left!" Lily shouted.

"You don't get it, I have to find him." I shouted back and walked away.

I looked for him, but couldn't find him at the streets at all. I felt devastated for hurting Phil. I could just imagine how it must've looked. Me and Lily lying on top of each other laughing. Stupid bitch! Why did she had to come and ruin everything. Things were going so well! I blamed Lily, when I obviously knew it was all my fault. Tears started running down my cheeks. I ran home, and up to my room. I closed the door and tried calling Phil, but he didn't answer. Then I sat down on my floor and just cried my eyes out, never even thinking about someone how could be home. All of the sudden Addison walked into my room. I couldn't really talk myself out of crying in the middle of my room.

"Dan, what's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing." I said stupidly.

"Dan, come on. Tell me what's wrong. Is it anything with Phil?" she asked.

Hearing her mentioning Phil's name made me speechless, and tears started streaming down my face. She sat next to me and put her arm around me.

"Tell me Dan." she whispered.

And then it just flew out of me. Everything. From the day he walked in, in class, to today with Lily. But she simply shrugged.

"I'm actually not that surprised." she started.

I looked at her confused.

"You looked so... in love today, when you looked at each other in the kitchen." she said.

I sat silently for a while processing everything.

"And now I ruined everything." I said wiped my new rolling tears away.

"You didn't ruin everything. Just because he's ignoring your phone calls, it doesn't mean it's over."

I sighed. Addison sat in front of me and lifted my head.

"Go home to him." she said, looking at me seriously.

"He probably won't talk to me." I said.

"You'll never know if you don't try to explain." she said and smiled.

-

I stood in front of Phil's door, considering to go back home. But I knocked on the door anyway. Phil's mum opened the door.

"Oh hi Dan!" she said happily.

"Hi mrs. Lester. Is Phil home?" I asked.

"Yes he is. All though he's not feeling very well. He came home and walked straight up to his room, saying he didn't feel good. But you can go try talking to him." she said.

"Thank you." I said and walked past her, up the stairs.

I slowly opened the door to Phil's room.

"Mum, I told you I'm just not feeling very well. Just let me be." Phil said lying and facing the wall.

I could hear in his voice, that he was crying, and it felt terrible to be the reason why Phil was crying. I closed the door, locked it and sat on the bed beside him. I started stroking his hair. I could feel him holding his breath.

"Dan?"