Part 5 - "Dan, it's ok."

Phil's POV

I woke up with the biggest smile on my face. Just because everything was so wonderful and amazing at the moment. I was with Dan. The Dan that I constantly tried to deny my feelings to.

But I knew from the moment I stepped in to class and mrs. Wilson said "Tell us a little about yourself Phil."

That was when Dan caught my eye. This brown haired boy looked right at me. It was like he lit up the room. But staring at him for too long, would just be weird and awkward. To my luck, mrs. Wilson told me to sit next to him.

He was extremely fascinating. It was like I could just study him for years. I couldn't really control myself. I started shaking and my heart was going crazy beating.

"I'm Dan." he said looking more comfortable than ever, while I was more confused that I'd been for long.

When the bell rang, I hurried back home, but only a few 100 meters away from school, Dan caught up to me. We started talking, and I found out he only lives 2 houses away from me. There had to be something about it, it was a sign. And we did hang out almost every day.

Then there was that one day. The day Dan put his hand on top of mine. I could barely breathe. He then started stroking my hand. The next thing I knew we were holding hands. I couldn't control my feelings again. But that time it was different. It was like a feeling overload. And then Dan tried to kiss me. I never thought of it happening in real life, I hadn't thought it all through. So I pulled away from him.

"Damn, I... I can't do it, Dan."

And then I saw it. The most disappointed, sad, crushed expression on Dan's face. A huge wave of guilt hit me, and I just wanted to pull him back and kiss him. But he grabbed his bag and left. I locked the door and started crying my eyes out. I couldn't believe someone you barely knew could mean so much to you so fast. After all the crying, I've decided to give it a chance, because I could feel it. If we were together, it would've been something special. But Dan started ignoring me. It ripped a piece of my heart out everytime he didn't answer a message or look at me in school. But we talked it through. And I kissed him. Me! The nervous, shy guy. I took the lead. And from the moment I kissed Dan, I just knew it was meant to be. 

Now we're together every day after school, locking ourselves in our rooms and forgetting all about the rest of the world. We could do anything together, watch movies, play videogames, listen to music, even just stare at the ceiling. It didn't matter, as long as we were together.

"I can't believe we only got a C on our school project! It seems like you hadn't put much time in it. Stupid bitch!" Dan said walking into his room.

I shut the door and locked it.

"Well Dan, mrs. Wilson is kind of right, we didn't put so much time in it in the end." I said.

We'd spend time on each other instead.

"You're taking her side now?" Dan said strictly.

"Dan, a C isn't that bad." I said, trying to calm him down.

"Yes it is! My parents are gonna kill me!" Dan said and lay down on his bed, with his head turned down against his pillow.

I lay next to him and started brushing his hair with my fingertips. He turned his head towards me.

"Dan, it's ok." I said.

He sighed.

"My parents just always expect so much from me. They are always picturing me as their perfect boy. So how will I ever be able to tell them about us? They will never allow it Phil." Dan said.

A tear rolled down his cheek. I pulled him towards me and he cried into my chest.

"We'll figure it out when time comes. But until then, don't think about it Dan. It doesn't matter what they think perfection is, you'll always be perfect to me." I said.

Dan looked up. He smiled to me, and I wiped his cheeks with my thumb. He gave me a quick kiss on the lips and hugged my tighter than ever. I kissed his hair and stroked his back.

"Thank you Phil."