9. The truth

Theo decided that he trusted Liam so he told him the story. The whole story this time.

"When I was little I had a twin sister, her name was Talia. We were very close and I loved her more then anything. But when we were eight she was brutally kidnapped and me and my parents did everything in our power to try and find her, we obviously failed. The month after that I was heartbroken, the person who love the most had disappeared without a trace and I missed her so much. I think this feeling turned into anger and frustration with my family, my sister, Tara in particular, they didn't seem to notice how bad I missed her. All they cared about was either finding her or covering it up so our good Raeken reputation wouldn't get ruined. The anger build up inside of me and for month I tried to push it back but the moment I exploded the dread doctors found me and gave me a way out. A way to get my revenge. A way to get more power and find my sister. They even said they would help me. So I made a deal with them. You already know that part. I traded my sisters life for power. I just killed my parents because I wanted to. And I have felt horrible about ever since I saw your pack. The closeness, the friendship, the family you had build. I realised I could of had that would I not have killed my parents and sister, had I not trade it all for nothing because of course the dread doctors never held their end of the bargain. They did gave me power but I never found my sister. I just assumed she was dead. Of course she was dead. And it was all my fault. I have regretted my decisions ever since."

Theo had finally stopped talking, he was crying once again and this time so was Liam. He never knew this. He felt so bad for Theo. Liam also had some trouble with emotions, he didn't know how to deal with his own let alone someone else's. So they both just sat there in silence.

Liam tried to wrap his head around all the information had just gotten. He wanted to hug Theo so bad right now. But he didn't know if he would be okay with that. Probably not. Another minute of silence passed and Liam was starting to get uncomfortable so he thought to himself fuck it! and sat on the seat next to the chimera and gave him the biggest hug in history.

Theo stiffened in the hug, it had been years since he had gotten one but from Liam it felt so good he just hugged back. Theo let his arms fall down and his head into the betas shoulder. He still cried. He cried all the tears he held in for years. All the tears he never got to cry.

"Do you want to go see her?" Liam asked. It was his last comforter try. He still had his arm wrapped around Theo who had his head on his shoulder. He felt a little nod in his shoulder and he let of him to go to Stiles' room to ask what hospitals Talia was in. He didn't want to go but he knew that's what he needed to do. For Theo.

So he stood up, made sure Theo was alright and walked towards Stiles' room. As he walked he overheard Stiles and mostly Mason talk, Corey was pretty quiet.

"Maybe we should just sent him back ya know. He has caused nothing but pain." Stiles spoke.

"Yeah but the only one who can sent him back is Liam. Do you really think that Liam can do such a thing?"

"Well the last time we spoke Liam seemed to hate his guts so maybe he can."

"I don't think so dude. It's Liam we're talking about here. Theo sacrifices himself not once but twice for Liam. They seem to have some sort of special connection or something."

"Yeah maybe you're right but still don't think Theo should be allowed on this earth. Maybe we should talk this over with Liam. He might have an opinion about him."

"I certainly do." Liam said whilst walking around the corner of Stiles' dorm. Corey had heard him coming a while ago but Liam had sighed for him to be quiet and the great thing about Corey is that he actually did.

"Great so what is your opinion?" Liam saw in Stiles' face that he was a little started about Liam overhearing the conversation but he picked himself up again.

"Maybe, stiles, for once you can actually not judge someone before you know the whole story. Maybe for once you can actually shut up and let someone else do something that you didn't want them to do. Maybe for once you can stop being an absolute dick to anyone who you don't know every single detail about!" Liam spat. And he didn't regret it. He loved stiles but the dude could be a giant douchebag.
"Now in what hospital is Talia?"

Stiles looked like someone had hit him int he face but stiles style. Which meant more of a 'What the fuck did you just do?' then a actual hit but there glimmered a little hurt in his eyes.
"East Washington Hospital." He answered slightly taken aback.

"Thank you." Liam said aggressively and walked out. He was proud of himself for keeping it in check. His IED hadn't quite passed and he could feel it rise when he spoke. He was just glad that he didn't shift or actually had done something physical to hurt Stiles. He couldn't have lived with himself if he did.

As he reached the truck he saw that Theo had pulled himself together and was now sitting in the drivers seat ready to drive away as soon as Liam came back. He actually had a small smile on his face.

Liam threw the door open as if he wanted to pull it out of his hinges. "Why are you smiling?" He snarked.

"No reason. You just put Stiles in his place that's all."

All of Liam's anger disappeared without a trace. He began to smile.
"Yeah I did didn't I?" Somewhat proudly.

Theo chuckled a little bit before his face went neutral again with a serious base.

"Oh uhm East Washington Hospital." Theo drove away on a high speed. As nervous as he was he was glad he had Liam with him. He could not do this alone and he basically hated the whole world except Liam. He liked spending time with Liam.

They arrived at the hospital. Liam was all ready to get out of the car and into the building. Theo however could not get his body to move.

"Are you coming?" Liam asked.

"Yeah I just... can't... you know?"

"Take all the time you need. I am going to check if she is really here and in which room."

Theo flashed a small smile towards the boy who obviously cared about him and took a few deep breaths. He could do this. It isn't that hard. It'll be okay.

It's okay.

Those words just kept zooming through his mind. That were the last words he remembered his twin sister saying to him. Those words she had said ever so wisely after he had a nightmare. The next day she'd been gone. Never to be found again. Until now.

And it was time to see her again.