I sat beside him hesitantly while keeping some distance between us.  I sipped my coffee and suddenly recalled our last meeting where he strictly denied even having coffee with me. Time do change everything. He's not the same Hashir Wali khan that I fall in love with. I broke him and now he's doing same to me. And it hurts like hell.

"I didn't increase your duty hours altough I wanted to. It's your department that has tough schedule so don't blame me for it."
He said making me come out of my thoughts and I nodded my head at him reluctantly.

"I don't understand why you choosed neurology. Didn't you want to be a cardiologist? Why did you change your field?"
He asked and I didn't have any answer to his question. I choosed neurology because I wanted to be as close to him as possible by choosing the same field as him. It was stupid I know but I couldn't help it.

"I got interested in it. Preferences do change."
I whispered to him who look at me like he didn't believe me but I ignored his looks and finished my coffee.
Before I could go out I looked at him one more time who was deeply immersed in thoughts and at the same time he looked at back at me. Our eyes clashed with eachother and he averted his gaze. I left his office instantly.

I don't know where this all is leading to. I don't know what's the future of our complicated relationship I only know one thing right now and that is I madly love Hashir. I tried so hard to bury these feelings for him but somehow they got more intense. I'm selfish I always did so wrong with him. I always hurted him for my personal gain and now when he's hurting me I understand how he must've felt.

We humans turn to forget that karma hits you hard. If you do wrong with a person no wonder you'll get punished in some way or another and that's what's happening to me and I take full responsibility of it.

                     Hashir's P.O.V

I can't believe I had coffee with her. Since when did we become this much civil to have a coffee together but I don't regret it.

I've realized by now that I need a closure. There are only two ways to end all of this. One is to divorce her and let her go which is impossible for me to do so and other is to forgive her and move on. But how can I forget what happened five years ago.

                        Flashback

It had been a month to our nikkah. After ten days of our nikkah Agha jaan left us alone in this world. He died peacefully in his sleep leaving me all alone. I wasn't feeling anything. It was like my mind has been shut off. I couldn't feel a single emotion. All I wanted to do was to die.

I had stopped talking with anyone. Infact I stopped coming out of Agha jaan's room in which I shifted right after his death. It made me feel close to him.
Dua tried to make me talk to her but I knew her condition was no different than me. She was also grieving just like me if not more.

Two months passed this way. I started working hard to forget everything and everyone. Work didn't give me time to think over anything.  Dua and her father moved back to their house. I hadn't met her for about two months nor I have called her. I thought we both need time to heal from whatever happened but I didn't know that it was my worst mistake.

It was Sunday and I came to Haveli after a tiresome day. I was expecting to have a long night sleep but when I reached home I received an unexpected guest.

"Dua?"
I said shocked as she didn't even inform me that she was coming but then again we never really talked on phone and I wasn't sure if she even had my number or not. But what shocked me more was her condition. Her face was pale. Her hair disheveled and her eyes looked empty with blank face. She didn't look my Dua whom I got married two months ago. She looked like she just had a near death experience.

"Driver dropped me here."
She said so softly that I wouldn't have heard it if I wasn't so close.
"Dua? Are you fine? What happened to you?"
I asked her still trying to comprehend the situation. But before I could say anything she fainted.

I ran towards her and held her before she hit the ground and engulfed her in my protective arms. At that moment I felt like my heart had stopped beating and I promised myself no matter whatever happen I won't leave her alone oblivious to the fact that we were going to face a lot more than that in future.

...................

Hey Guys!

It's my humble request to all my readers that if you're liking my story. Do vote and comment. Don't be silent readers. Also do share this story with your friends if you're enjoying it. Till next time. Stay safe and happy.

Peace and love!
Mishi