Stubborn

My eyes opened quickly as I heard Dan's phone ring. He groaned as I patted his chest.

"Dan." I rubbed my eyes, it was still very early. "The bloody phone."

"Oh." He picked it up and yawned. "Yeah? Hey, no I wasn't asleep. No. Yeah she's here. No. Really? What time? Can't we do it a little later I'm jet lagged. Okiee dokiee. Bye." He layed his phone on the counter and threw his arm lazily over me.

"Wha-" I yawned. "-happened?"

"Cheesecake Factory happened. Jesus christ. Dunno why Phil always feels the need to go there when we come to America."

"Sounds nice."

"Hmm." His lips were pressed on ny forehead and I could sense his breathing. It was so peaceful, I felt as though I could melt in to his arms.

"What time do we have to go?"

"Few hours."

"How many?"

"Four."

"We should take a shower."

"Together?" He said his eyes popping open.

"Oh, I dunno. If you want?" That was not what I was suggesting but I felt suddenly in a tight spot.

"You can go first."

"Thank you."

I ran in to the bathroom and started unlayering my clothing. I stared at myself in the mirrow and looked away immediately. My body was embarrassing.

I hesitantly went in to the shower.

As soon as I was out I heard snoring. I rolled my eyes. I took advantage and put on some sweats and shirt. I crawled up the bed and craddled Dan's lap.

He murmed in his sleep and I leaned my ear to his lips.

He just continued snoring.

He stopped to let out a raspy groan. I tilted my head curiously. He did it again. I listened more intently and adjusted myself on him as it was getting quite uncomfortable. It was not until the third time that he groaned that I realized what was happening. My ears went hot and my cheeks got red. No wonder it had suddenly gotten very uncomfortable.

I got off slowly.

He woke up quickly.

I stared at him and he threw a blanket over himself, specifically his lap.

"Sorry." His face red.

"No I am. I'm stupid I should have thought-"

"It's okay. Let's not talk about it." He muttered quickly.

"Sure."

I shook my wet hair with some mousse. He avoided my gaze and just took off his shirt. He slid his pants and threw them on the ground.

"Would you like me to do the same?" I laughed, irony obvious in my voice.

"I wish." He mumbled to himself.

The water turned and I heard the door lock.

I was not good at this. Dan was trying his best not to rush me and I was just taking my time to grow up. My maturity level was standard but my ignorance must have irritated him. I did not know how to be attractive, or seductive in any way. I sighed and blew a hair out of my face.

We had to take this step by step. If not it would feel to rushed and ruin everything. I could not help but feel terrible about it.

The shower stopped and I sat up.