Runaway Racoon - Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

Mari: "Relax! This money will go to a good cause!"

You roll your eyes as the boat stops at the shore. The bulls push your car off the boat.

Mari: "Alright Tanuki, now that you're off this boat. We're complete strangers, got it?"

Y/N: "Alright. Thanks a lot."

You wave to Mari as you jump in the Mustang and start it up, since the brakes cooled down, they're working again, luckily. You drive off the shore and onto the road. It's dark by now, so you turn on the lights as you drive through the streets.

There's nothing interesting to look at and all the shops are closed. It's not like you have any money anyway.

Y/N: "I might as well just go to sleep. The morning awaits me."

You back the Mustang into a small alleyway and shut it off, then climb into the back and recline the front seats forwards. You lay down on the springy vinyl seat and drift off to sleep. Normally the position you were in would've been uncomfortable, but you haven't slept since you arrived in Japan, just constant driving.

Now it's morning time and the sun is shining through the windows. You put the seats back up and climb into the driver's seat.

Y/N: "yawn~ God I slept like a baby last night."

You go to start up the Mustang, but what you didn't notice was someone pushing a cart of water purifiers in front of you, so once you start it up, they get startled and jump back.

???: "Waaah-!"

You also get a little startled and look up. There's a Tanuki girl with blue hair wearing a red jacket looking at you, eyes wide.

Y/N: "Sorry!"

Tanuki: "I-It's okay!"

She walks back to the cart and continues pushing it. You put the car into gear and as you're driving out of the alleyway you hear someone laughing. You stop and look over towards the laughing, and there's Mari.

Mari: "Haha! Hey (Y/N)~"

Y/N: "I thought we were strangers."

Mari: "Oh I changed my mind. I was just assisting another customer."

Y/N: "You mean scamming them out of all of their money?"

Mari: "Oh no~! They just bought a SIM card off of me and I gave them their phone Bill. They couldn't pay it so I gave them some work to do."

Y/N: "Who was that anyway?"

Mari: "Oh that's Michiru, just a friend of mine."

Y/N: "You have an interesting definition for the word 'friend'."

Mari: "Oh please, we get along, believe it or not."

Mari thought for a moment, then a smirk grew on her face.

Y/N: "Find a way to scam me?"

Mari: "No, but... I think you should go talk to Michiru."

Y/N: "... Why?"