Chapter 9: Feeling Hopeless

As Steve continued to sit in the lair in the dark being sad, he noticed a shadowy figure walking down the stairs. The light begin to turn on and it was revealed to be Caitlin.

"Steve... what are you doing down here" she asked

"Hey Caitlin" Steve greeted with a sad smile

Caitlin walked towards Steve and sat down beside him. "Are you ok". He turned to look at her with a sigh before speaking "have you ever felt useless"

Caitlin paused for a second trying to think of a time she felt useless before turning to Steve who just sighed while sitting. The silence broke as she begin to speak "is this about your powers?".

Steve nodded his head while he begin telling Caitlin on how ever since he lost his powers, he feels useless to the team, he even told her on how he missed kicking bad guys butts and using his powers. Caitlin nodded her head in understanding on how Steve felt. She would be in the same position if she lost her powers but she reassured him that he's still apart of the team with or without powers.

"What if I don't get my powers back" Steve asked Caitlin in a sad tone

"Steve even if you don't have powers.. you will always be a huge part of this team... your the one that brought all of us together.. your the one who gives us hope and not be afraid of our powers... you're not useless" Caitlin replied

Steve turned to look at Caitlin as he replied "you really mean that". Caitlin nodded her head "yes I mean that". Steve then begin to smile, he then thanked Caitlin for having the talk with him by fist bumping her. She fist bump him back.

He then asked her on what she was doing in the lair late at night but Caitlin shrugged it off. Instead she told Steve that she herself was worried about him and wanted to see him as he didn't leave the lair since she came back from the mission.

"I'm fine... it's just I wanted to think" he told her

"Maybe you should think in your room" Caitlin teased

"Weren't you just worried about me now your teasing me" Steve joked

"It is what it is" Caitlin smirked

Caitlin and Steve begin to break down and laugh at how ridiculous they were acting, they then stood up and gave each other a hug.

"Thanks again Cait" Steve thanked as he and Caitlin pulled away from each other, Caitlin smiled before she replied "anytime Stevie".

Steve playfully sighed as he and Caitlin were walking up the stairs to go to their rooms, Caitlin left to go to her room, as Steve was about to take the elevator up. he noticed Ralph sitting in the cafeteria with his head down. The bionic teen went to check up on him and sat down next to him on the table.

"Hey Ralph... what are you doing up" Steve asked in concern.

"Hi Steve... I just couldn't sleep" Ralph told him

"Why?" Steve replied

"I miss home.. I mean don't get me wrong I love it here and I have met new friends but I kinda miss my family" Ralph explained

"I know how it feels... I felt the same way as you, when I first came to this school.. I missed my family a lot too but eventually I got use to it and I'm fine now" Steve said

"Oh I didn't realize" Ralph said once his eyes widened while looking at Steve.

"You should probably get some sleep Ralph... because class is gonna start just now" Steve reminded Ralph

"Ok... Goodnight" Ralph replied before walking out of the cafeteria leaving Steve to sit down and think.