Chapter 6: The Discussion

Once Gwen, Peter, Caitlin and Gloria returned to the lair from their mission, Steve walked over to Gwen asking her on how the mission go.

As soon as Gwen got changed out of her superhero suit, She told Steve all about what Mayor Blake told them about The Masked Man who was revealed to be former scientist Stanley Warren. She even told him about how Stan's daughter was trapped in a different dimension.

"Really... Mayor Blake was a scientist at one point" Steve asked curiously.

Gwen nodded her head before replying "that's why he wanted to kill Mayor Blake"

Just then Sebastian walked up to Gwen and Steve holding a tablet in his hands, he set it down on the table and turned to face the couple "how do we know what Mayor Blake was saying was true". Gwen turned around to look at Sebastian who just shrugged in response.

"Why would the mayor lie to his best defenders" Gwen asked Sebastian

"I got it" Sebastian replied "but we gotta stop Stan before he cause more harm"

"We will" Steve reassured him before turning his attention to Gwen.  She was sitting on the table fiddling with her fingers as he walked up to her.

"You ok?" He asked as he noticed Gwen's nervous expression. Gwen however turned her head and laid down directly on Steve's shoulder.

In response Steve puts his hand on Gwen's back pulling her close to him. She couldn't bring to tell her boyfriend on what was bothering her since she really couldn't figure it out. maybe she felt bad for Stan on how he lost his daughter in the portal and how he was hurting. Her thoughts were interrupted once Steve asked her in concern  "Gwen... are you ok"

She turned to her boyfriend before she replied "I'm fine babe... just a bit tired,that's all". She hated how she lied about her feelings but for some reason she couldn't think of anything that was bothering her at the moment. So she walked up stairs while Steve followed at the back. He couldn't lie, he was getting worried for Gwen.