Chapter 3: Powerless Steve

It's been days since Steve lost his powers, he was full on depressed. He was too embarrassed to even see anyone. Steve kept wondering on why this was even happening to him and what did he do to even deserve this. All he kept doing was praying that some day or week, he could get his powers back.

All Steve did for the rest of his days alone was watching tv with a frown. He muttered "i Miss my powers"

Later during the cafeteria. Gwen, Marcus, Caitlin, Peter and Sebastian were sitting on the table chatting with each other. Darwin and Josh were sitting with the new students having a conversation with them. As the gang kept talking all Gwen had on her mind was Steve. Ever since he lost his powers it's like he doesn't know who he is and she thinks she lost him. Caitlin caught Gwen's sadness and they all turn their attention to her.

"It's been days and Steve haven't even come out of his room" Peter complained

"This thing really is affecting him" Sebastian added

"We need to figure out how to get his powers back" Gwen stated while looking at Sebastian who nodded in agreement

"We could give him a new bionic chip... but it will take weeks for him to get them back" Marcus replied

"He's gonna be powerless for a couple days?" Gwen asked

"I think so" Marcus said while scratching the back of his head. Gwen nodded her head before getting up from the table and walking off to go to Steve's room to talk to him.

As Gwen got out of the elevator, she made her way to Steve's room and begin to knock on his door, Peter joined Gwen on talking with Steve since he wanted to help his best friend as well. while the two teens entered the room they noticed Steve was laying on the couch covered in chips and salad dressing on his face. Gwen and Peter looked at the teen in disgust.

"Steve" Gwen called while walking over to her boyfriend on the couch.

Steve however ignored Gwen and kept eating chips from his head while staring at a empty tv screen. Peter walked over to both Steve and Gwen. He wanted to help Steve up but the teen refused to get out of the couch.

"Steve.. I'm sorry you lost your powers" Peter sighed as he continued talking "we will do anything in our power to get it back"

"Come on Steve... please get out of the couch" Gwen frowned

"I can't don't you see... I'm useless without my powers" Steve argued while grabbing a chip and putting it in his mouth.

"I don't even know who I am anymore... I'm just useless" Steve frowned while looking at his feet.

Gwen crouched down on her feet and she took one of Steve's hands into hers, he wanted to take his hands away from hers but she held it tight as she sighed. Steve turned away from Gwen as he was still upset. He had tears in his eyes which made both Peter and Gwen have tears of their own.

"Your not useless to me" Gwen told Steve causing him to finally look at her.

"Yeah Gwen's right... your my best friend buddy.. I hate see you like this" Peter added while Gwen shook her head in agreement.

Steve begin to turned his head to look at both Gwen and Peter as they continued talking.

"Yeah even Ralph thinks your amazing" Gwen said.

"But Ralph doesn't know I'm the Spectre" Steve argued

"He will" Peter replied

"The point is... we gonna do anything in our power to get your powers back" Gwen stated confidently. Peter nodded his head in agreement.

"Really" Steve asked

"Yeah it's possible... Marcus said that he will be giving you a new bionic chip but it will take days for your powers to show up" Peter explained.

Steve begin to smile at that as he tossed himself of the couch, he quickly put the blanket to cover his body because he didn't want Gwen to see him in his underwear so he ran towards the bathroom to change into his clothes.

After Steve left the room, Gwen turned to Peter as she asked him to use his speed to clean up Steve's mess. Peter nodded his head before running around the room cleaning ever mess that Steve left.

Once Peter was done cleaning the room, he stood back next to Gwen as soon as the bathroom door opened and Steve exit the room.

"Ok guys let's do this" Steve smiled as he, Gwen and Peter left the room.