special chapter + note

Start from the beginning

Opening the doors of the back entrance of the cafe, Chaerim tip-toed into the cafe. Sunghoon and Chaerim had been to Choi's Cafe for as long as time could tell. Plus, Chaerim's mom had been at that cafe since her high school years. Mrs. Choi, a sweet elderly woman lived on the second floor of the cafe with her granddaughter, Somin, who was only 3 years older than both Chaerim and Sunghoon.

"Somin unnie!" Chaerim exclaimed excitedly, opening her arms to the girl, hugging her, "I missed you! How have you been?"

"Hi Chaerim," Somin warmly smiled, "I've been good. I saw your performance in Stockholm. You did amazing! Now, why are you here this late? Is it another secret night date?"

"Maybe," she grinned.

At that moment, the back door opened and a tall figure walked through the door with the hood of their sweatshirt covering their head.

"Sunghoon!" Chaerim squealed almost immediately letting go of Somin's embrace, running to him.

"Hi, pretty," he smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist, "I missed you so much."

"I did too," she buried her head into his chest, "It's been way too long."

"Alright, love birds," Somin smirked, raising a brow, "The kitchen is all yours. Make sure you lock up and turn the lights off before you leave. I'm going up to catch up on my kdrama."

"Thanks, unnie."

"Thank you, noona."

**

The two sat across from each other on stools at a small table in the kitchen. They couldn't help but smile and blush at each other. After all, it had been almost 3 months since they last saw each other. 

"No one followed you, right?" Chaerim asked with caution.

"I looked back every block. Don't worry."

She could see his happy expression and smile through his mask.

"This is kinda funny, right?" Sunghoon let out a small laugh, "We're sitting in the back of a cafe, wearing masks and hats so no one can tell it's us, but we're still on a date."

"I know right. I never imagined going on dates like this. But it's still a date and I've cherished every moment we've been together. Anyways, how is life as an idol going?"

"It's fun but so hard at the same time. Dancing is fun and I've been learning a lot of new techniques for both singing and dancing. Plus, Enhypen won a bunch of awards for Rookie of the Year. Photoshoots were definitely a new experience, but I enjoy doing them with the guys. And you know how I always had to worry about my diet for skating, well before our debut, they cut dinner from my diet-"

"They what?!" her eyebrows furrowed, "Why the hell would they do that? You're skinny as it is! I can literally snap you in half! You're a freaking twig!"

Sunghoon laughed loudly, "Don't worry, Chaerim. I'm okay. Look at me now. I'm living the life I always dreamed of and I'm with the person I love most."

"If you're happy then I'm happy," she let out a small sigh, "You tell me not to worry, but you have people controlling your life. I don't care if your dumb managers say you're face is puffy or some shit, but if I see you faint on stage or something, I will come to your dorm and I will not hesitate to shove food down your throat."

"You're so cute when you get mad," he giggled and gently held her hand, "I love you."

"Hahaha good one, Sunghoon," Chaerim responded unamused, "I don't want you to get hurt or anything. You've been through so much to get where you are today. But I love you too."

"Enough about me, how's skating in Canada and other competitions like?" he asked, changing the subject.

"Nice move, Sunghoon. I love skating every single day. It's so much fun even though it's tiring at times. I've seen so many talented skaters, especially from Russia and Japan. This year's theme is life and death so it's been interesting. I managed to add a triple axel on my roster and a quad toe. I am trying to use the strategy of jumping with my hands over my head to raise my GOE, but I've been stumbling a bit with that. And I did fall into a little slump when I first moved to Canada, but I was lucky Jun hwan was there to help m-"

"Did you just say Jun hwan?" Sunghoon questioned.

"Yeah, Cha Jun hwan. You know he's qualified for the Winter Olympics next year-"

"Wait a minute," Sunghoon exclaimed, "You're friends with Jun hwan? When did this happen?"

"Pft- don't tell me- are you jealous?" Chaerim laughed.

He raised his brow while crossing his arms, "Chaeri-ah, how would you feel to know that I have befriended another girl, huh?"

"Sunghoon, that is highly unlikely. You have almost no socialization skills let alone, you never had another female friend in school, but me. Don't worry, I can promise you, I have no interest in Jun hwan whatsoever. He's like an older brother to me and his mom is like my aunt. I promise you don't have to worry. I swear on my life," she said, "I never knew you would get jealous, Mr. Ice Prince."

"You better promise that," Sunghoon said, deadpan.

"However, I do have one concern. Ever since I-Land, everything has become Jake this, Jake that, I love Jake, Jake and I have the same MBTI, Jake is the person I connect with the most," Chaerim teased, "Seems like you don't need me."

"Yah- he's just a friend. I'm not interested in guys like that. Besides you don't need to worry, he already has a girlfriend," Sunghoon stated nonchalantly. 

"Wait really?" Chaerim questioned, "Who? Wait if he told you, did you tell him?"

"Maybe..." he said quietly.

"Sunghoon I-"

"It's fine okay, we can trust him. I mean it. And he's dating Hwang Seri. You know the girl who's the daughter of a pro tennis player and a Japanese model. They've been together since high school."

"Okay, but how many more people are you going to tell before our relationship gets exposed? I don't want to risk your career," she sighed.

"I know," Sunghoon let out a soft breath, "I'll be more careful. I promise I'll be more careful."

He got out of the stool and walked to her. Wrapping his arms around the tiny girl, he lightly kissed the top of her head.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, "I know you're only saying this because you're trying to protect me."

"Me too. I'm sorry," Chaerim murmured, "I know you just want to live life. I haven't changed much as you can see."

Sunghoon let go of the embrace and stared into her warm chocolate brown eyes. Gently pulling her mask down, he leaned in and kissed her. Not seeing Sunghoon for so long felt like her first kiss, but this time it was better. It was sweeter. It was as if this moment could last forever.

"I love you, Sunghoon," Chaerim whispered, caressing his cheeks and pecking his lips once more.

"I love you too, Chaeri."

"Do you think we'll be together forever?"

"I assure you, for eternity."