HOME TO YOU

Jonas, Mr. Wagner, and Mr. Alstrøm stood in front of the mediation room. While the Gauthiers spoke with the lawyer.

"Well, that was something."

"I had to contain myself."

Mr. Alstrom patted Jonas on the back, "you did well in there."

"Do you think they'll attack?"

Mr.Wagner sighed, "they're pretty serious. There isn't a day they don't call my cabinet."

The door opened, and the Gauthiers came out. Mr. Gauthier huffed and walked away while his wife came up to Jonas, "you'll pay for this Potsmann. May misery follow you everywhere. You and that woman will never be happy."

Their lawyer directed Mrs. Gauthier away by the shoulders, but her gaze remained on Jonas.

"Don't mind them, Jonas."

The man didn't know what to think. He wondered if she spoke of Sierra or Colette when she evoked that woman.

"Jonas."

"Yes, em, what's next?"

"Well, we'll wait for their move, but with the manuscript and letters, we have a lot of evidence for a restraining order. Of course, concerning Cecile's abuse, it's Bertrand Gauthier who we'll file in the first instance, Jonas are you listening?"

"Eh, I guess all this has exhausted me."

"You should go and rest. I'll see to things with Mr. Alstrøm if he doesn't mind. We'll send you our conclusions.

"It's good for me, Jonas."

"Okay, thank you," Jonas shook both their hands, "thank you so much."

The men parted, and Jonas hurried to fetch at daycare Leone.

"Hey, little feller," as usual, the boy was euphoric as he stretched his arms for Jonas to pick him up.

"How was your day?" Jonas asked the boy, who smiled.

"He had a good day, Jonas. Leone even played a little with the others. He has changed since your arrival," the afternoon daycare helper said.

It was true, the infant's behavior changed, whereas before he observed, now he interacted. Anything made him smile, but above all, he slept. The daily wake-up call at three became a two, maybe twice a week routine.

Leone felt safe, and his attitude reflected it.

"Thank you."

"My pleasure, see you tomorrow Leone, bye," the woman waved.

"Say goodbye, Leone," Jonas prompted. The little boy opened and closed his palm to mimic. They left and went to take the bus.

Once home Jonas gave Leone his afternoon snack before sitting down on the couch with him. The house was quiet; Leone was sleepy as Jonas was about to surrender when his phone rang. The caller was unknown, yet he answered, "hello."

"How did it go?"

"Colette, eh, it went well, thanks to you."

"Oh, it's nothing. I owed it to Cecile. I loved her dearly."

Jonas didn't know how to interpret her words, but once again, it seemed Cecile touched base in someone's heart.

"Will you be okay?" Jonas was worried. The Gauthiers were capable of anything, and there was Bertrand.

How would he react to find his wife gone? Or that she used him to find out the Gauthiers secrets.

The woman at the other end of the phone chuckled, "if anything happens to me, you already know who done it. I'm not afraid Jonas, life is a bet. Who dares wins."