Chapter 23

Haley was discharged from the hospital a day later. Both her and Kian were eager to bring their daughter home.
They got Farrah settled in her room. It was surreal finally seeing a baby in the cot that had been there for weeks.

"Kian? Can you get the booties on the dresser?" He picked up the knitted booties and handed them to his wife, who put them on Farrah's tiny feet.

"Do you recognize them? I was knitting them the night you proposed."

"I thought they looked familiar." Kian said, stroking Farrah's hair.

After she had a feeding, Haley put Farrah in a Moses basket and she and Kian lay on their bed with the baby between them. Kian linked fingers with Haley.

"When it's safe, we'll go see the rest of my family in Canada. It'll be great. I know I tell you all the time, but, I love you, Haley."
Haley stretched her neck so she could kiss him.

"I love you, Kian Madani." She said against his lips.

They went to bed that night, and Kian kissed Haley softly on her neck. He pressed his body against her.

"Not for a few months," Haley groaned, rolling her eyes and moving to her side of the bed.

"I know....just let me hold you." Kian whispered. Their legs entwined, and they lay in bed, not even talking. The sound of Farrah's breathing on the baby monitor was what made them fall asleep.