Chapter 21

Haley woke up just after the sun came up. Kian was already awake, holding their baby. Her head looked so tiny in his strong hands.
"Look at you, daddy." She said softly, shifting so she was sitting up.
"Hey, little one, look who's awake." Kian said in the baby's ear and kissing his daughter on the head.
"I want to see her." Haley said. Kian held their daughter out for Haley to hold.
"Hi, baby." Haley said quietly, her eyes filling with tears. She stroked baby Madani's head with her thumb.
It was hard to believe this was her little girl, her baby, and she was a brunet with olive skin.
"She's beautiful. She's got your gobs of black hair." Haley said, fingering the dark silky wisps.
"Yeah." Kian couldn't help but smile. "And our eyes. Maybe she'll inherit my accent, too?" He teased, kissing Haley on the top of the head.

Haley looked at him.
"We're going to be such good parents." Kian said, laying his arm around his wife and baby.He couldn't wait to see her grown up, squirming around on her hands and knees, babbling. He could already imagine her dressed in the small pink outfit from the boutique.

"We are." Haley agreed.

"What made me bleed like that?" Haley asked.
"You were just a little tore up from the birth. It's a normal childbirth injury. You just need to heal."
The baby let out a small sound, and Haley let her feed.
"Do you want me to leave, give you two some privacy?" Kian asked.
Haley rolled her eyes at him.
"It's nothing you haven't seen before." She joked. Kian laughed quietly.

"We still have to pick out a name," Kian said, sitting on the edge of the bed.
"Can we name her Nicole, after my mum?" Haley asked.
"She definitely looks like a Nicole. What about a middle name?"
"I was playing around with Middle Eastern names for that. At least now we can scratch off all the boy names." Haley said, smiling. "You're going to be the best daddy ever."

"Malala?"  Kian suggested.
"Everyone knows that name." Haley groaned.
"Ayesha?" He tried.
"Again, too common." Haley said.
"How about Farrah? My grandmother's name was Farrah." Kian said.
"That's a pretty name." Haley said.
"Yeah, I like it!" Kian beamed. "Welcome to the world, Nicole Farrah Madani."
"How about switching it? Farrah Nicole Madani?" Haley suggested.
"Perfect." Kian mused.
"Farrah.... Farrah is a wild girl, isn't she?" Haley smiled.

Kian reached over so his and Haley's hands were overlapping under their precious little bundle. They were finally a family.