Chapter 14

The rest of the weekend went by faster than they realized. The woke up bleary-eyed on Monday. They both had to work that day, so it started early. Haley poured herself a bowl of cereal and Kian sat down next to her.

"Can't believe we're going back to work already." He said.

"I wonder how we're going to be able to get through the day....just a few floors away." Haley answered, rubbing her foot next to his. He did his best to keep from laughing, but nearly choked on his toast.

"I almost considered putting a giant 'Do Not Disturb' on the door." He said, smiling. "It was our honeymoon after all."

When they got to the hospital for work, Kian kissed Haley good as he dropped her off at the gift shop.

"See you later." He said into her hair. It felt like he was walking on air when he checked into his office.

"Honeymoon is over; it's back to work, Madani." Jac jibed at him, glaring over her immaculate desk at him. Kian rolled his eyes at her and took a bite of the donut he and Haley had bought at Pulses.

"Uncomfortable having a grinning groom in your office, Naylor?" He shot back, leaning back in his desk chair and logging onto his computer.

"Grinning groom? That's a new one." Jac groaned.

"Well, my blushing bride is downstairs."

Haley took her lunch break around 13:00. She sent Kian a text to let him know, but he had a surgery, and couldn't join her. Her shift ended before his, so she took a cab home and got dinner ready for her and Kian.
When he came home, they couldn't wait to go to bed together.