unheard pleas

(A/N so I've posted a few other stories but no one has read them yet, just like as I'm writing this no one has read this... I'm slightly disappointed, I write what I want to read and not for other people, I don't write for attention but it kinda hurts that no one has read mine... if that makes sense, anyway hope whoever reads this has fun.)

the screen shows a young Leo sitting in a hospital room, still covered in soot from the fire. he couldn't stop the heart wrenching sobs, tears still flow freely from his eyes despite his small chubby hands furiously wiping them away.

he could hear a familiar voice shouting from down the hall in Spanish, fear begins pouring it's self down his throat. Aunt Rosa storms in the room shouting in Spanish "demon! demon spawn you killed my sister!" she throws water at him as she shouts before trying to attack him, the nurses holding her back and dragging her out of the room as she continues to scream about him killing his mom.

this only causes Leo to sob more, curling into himself pleading "mamma, mamma, please, I'm sorry. please, come back, I'm sorry."

after a few minutes the door swings open again, a woman with straight chestnut hair and a grey work suit walks in saying "Leo Valdez? I'm Cassandra, your case worker. I understand that none of your family wants you so you will be going into the foster care system."

he doesn't respond, or react, tears still making there way down his face, but his sobbing turned into hiccups. she doesn't wait for one as she continues, "we will be stopping by your apartment in the morning for some clothes. until then, you will be staying here."

she then walks out of the room, closing and locking the door behind her. leaving Leo alone, he didn't like her, her voice and eyes, they were cold.

the group sat in silence, they hadn't realized just how bad losing his mother had been, nor were they ready to hear the broken sobs of the young Leo.

Thalia asks him "why did she call you those things?" the tone of anger making him flinch, but he answers none the less "um, I don't know. she was horrible to me when I was younger and after..."

he loses his voice for a moment before saying "after she died, Aunt Rosa turned my whole family against me. I haven't seen any of them since she died." Thalia clenches her fists, she couldn't believe that Rosa could hate such a small child.

Percy goes to ask something but Leo cuts him off saying "the memories will explain most of it, if not, I will." they nod before turning their attention back to the screen.