Chapter 20 - I Know Your Mother

Start from the beginning

He left me there in shock.

As soon as the doors closed, my grip on the table loosened completely, making my knees give out.

I was panting at the new information.

"She was shot, and soon her body was found floating in the ocean."

Looks like there was more to her death than just a simple accident.

I need to know more about this. I need to know who killed my best friend.

But before that, there's something else I have to do.

Glancing at the information the two hackers had gathered which were in front of a computer, I scrolled through it.

I took my time, but a thought kept on plaguing my head.

Why hadn't they changed his surname just yet? He just adopted him and, what? That's it?

I then looked at the screen of my phone, where a phone number was typed on. It was his number.

Should I press it? Should I call him? What would I say?

But... He is someone important to her. Maybe I should...

~~

Rayver POV

I awoke to the sound of my phone ringing.

Blindly reaching out somewhere on my bed, my hands found their way to my phone, where the annoying ringing didn't seem to cease.

"Hello?" I groggily said, not checking the caller ID.

But then, silence greeted me. I furrowed my brows in confusion. They call me and decide to stay mute?

I then choose to check who it is, expecting it to be one of my friends, talking me that it was just a prank.

But the caller ID didn't say it was any of my friends'. It was an unknown caller.

Seeing that, all sleep left my system. My mind was going into overdrive.

Who is this? Are they associated with any Mafias? What do they want with me? Am I gonna die?!

Hopefully. Oh, how I'm waiting for that day.

I'd like to see someone die over a phone call.

Sarcasm understood.

Just as I was about to hang up, a breathless voice finally spoke, "Hello?"

I refrained from rolling my eyes. Jeez, I've been spending way too many times with Regina. Her cold and always irritated mood is now affecting me.

"Yes..?" I answer back.

"Is... Is this Rayver L-Cruise! Cruise..." The voice said, stuttering. I'm guessing from the voice it is a middle-aged female.

Well, maybe not middle-aged. A few yours younger than that, maybe.

"Yes... It is... Who is speaking?" I hesitantly ask.

You know what's funny? That she asked for your name when she was the one calling you.

Please do me a favour and shut up.

"Uh, well... You see..." She hesitated, then said four words that made my face drop along with the phone.

"I know your mother."

~~

"Where are you going?" I froze, just as my hand grazed the knob.