Chapter Thirty-Five

Things may have spiralled out of control, and the next thing that Albedo knew was being wallowed up in darkness, only for his eyes to open, seeing a gruesomely murdered Cascade Ragnvindr. He could remember the way his heartbeat had quickened, rushing forth towards her bloodied form on the ground. The alchemist didn't even care if both Diluc and Kaeya were in near distance, for all that he could think of that moment, was his lover. Her and only her.

He recalled placing both his hands to feel her pulse, leaning on her nose and mouth for signs of breathing, despite the fact that he already concluded her state after seeing her dull pair of chartreuse orbs. For a moment, he couldn't believe it. He was stuck, frozen in time, as he thought deeply, wishing any archon or gods out there to shake him up, and wake him from this horrendous nightmare, whilst he stared on her lifeless form.

She ascended to Celestia far too early for his liking, that he didn't even gained the chance to tell her how much she means to him. Every future plans that he had carefully dotted in a small booklet was torn into shreds, dates, celebrations, places to visit and sketch, things to buy her, names to call her, all of it were thrown into ashes. After such incident, he started to isolate himself much more than before. He rarely goes out of his base in Dragonspine or his lab in Mondstadt. He never played with Klee nor talked with Sucrose. He never heed attention to Kaeya and Jean. He works not wanting any assistance from Timaeus or Aether and his companion. He. . .decided to do things on his own, and they understood his, concerning that he's not yet over with her demise. All of them are. . .but he was the one along with Diluc Ragnvindr and Kaeya Alberich, to take it harder.

Came in another day of peaceful serenity. It has been a year already since her passing. Mondstadt came back to its usual state with a few repairs here and there. The townsfolk started to go on and do as they please alike that of their previous living. The knights did their job of protecting and patrolling. And just as usual- the Chief Alchemist is still cooped inside his laboratory, with bags adorning the skin underneath his sparkling teal optics that lost its glimmer at the lost of someone precious.

He was busily staring on his parchment as he scribbled some words that turned into long sentences and paragraphs about his usual research. Stack of books laid messily on his side, piled in a askew while some were opened haphazardly on the ground. Albedo was currently searching for something, a crucial ingredient for his most phenomenal experiment yet, however, he needed to write some essential procedures, in order to make it successful. Things about alchemy, one wrong execution and everything could go downhill in an instance.

The Chief Alchemist was far too immersed in his thoughts and current ministrations that he failed to notice the now opened doors, revealing a panting Aether, who looked hideous in his state. Leaves stuck on his hair, dirt and dust adorning his clothes, bruises and cutes covering his porcelain skin. He didn't pay any attention to that, despite the stings and pain that he'd feel occasionally.

"Albedo! We're sorry for barging in!", Paimon exclaimed, catching her breath as she reappeared next to the traveller. Thanks to her ability to disappear and reappear whenever she wanted- the emergency food was saved from whatever calamity that Aether have experienced during their travel from Mondstadt to Liyue, from Liyue to Inazuma, and from Inazuma to Sumeru. Due to some circumstances, their trip to the land of Electro was postponed for another month or two, concerning the fact that they might have discovered something peculiar but overly terrific in the land of Wisdom.

"Why if it isn't bold of you two to slam my doors open without even bothering to knock", he responded at them distastefully, gritting his pureteeth as he glared at them from the table, obviously displeased and annoyed for their interruption. "Please see yourselves out. I'm busy",

"No!", Aether yelled, bringing his gloved hand to clutch the fabric near his chest. "You need to come with us. Albedo! It's urgent!", He halted, breathing in a subtle amount of air before marching forth, yanking the alchemist to face him with desperation. They were inches near each other, and the traveller could feel his warm breath against him. Realizing the position that they were in, the Kreideprinz then forcefully shrugged his hands from either his biceps, glowering at the blonde haired male in fury for the sudden outrageous action.