Chapter Twenty-Eight

Dreams are meant to be destroyed and corrupted.

Everything blurred into a scenery of foggy haziness, figures of a lass dressed in nobel clothes soon dispersing into thin air- leaving nothing but only a memoir of sweet loving chartreuse orbs that glowed underneath the sunlit or moonlit skies. Followed by this, was the sudden intrusion of light that flashed right in front of the bearers optics, prompting him to shut and hide away his mesmerizing eyes from the blazing brightness.

"Good Morning. . . Did you sleep well?",

Soft. Loving. Words all coated with care and adoration- but above it all- familiarity. He coughed, clearing his throat afterwards as he let his newly opened teal optics to adjust with the luminosity of the room that he was currently in. Greeted by the sight of a small smile from the lass who laid beside him.

Platinum locks were sprawled on the soft white sheets, but the thing that caught his attention the most, was those pair of chartreuse greens that made his heart run laps and soar through the air. The ash-blonde haired male hastily sat up from his laying position, drowsiness now gone from his visage that now stared in wide surprise on the lass who yawned and shuffled as a reply.

"You seem to be astonished? By what exactly? Oh, Albedo. . .", the lass sighed, sitting straight up with her hand reaching out to caress his face. A small smile marvelled her face, followed by a faint giggle when she subtly flicked his forehead before hopping out of the bed, stretching her limbs out only to stop midway when her eyes landed back on the frozen alchemist.

"Albedo?", She called, frowning in worry, snapping him out of his whirlwind of thoughts that came crashing in his head in complete disarray. It was all over the place, and he couldn't comprehend the mixed emotions that fuzzed within his heart. He was in a turmoil, bewildered at both emotional and mental state. "Is there a problem? Would you like a glass of water? I'll fetch one for you",

"No. . . I'm alright. I- it's just too weird and confusing to wake up beside you", the known Kreideprinz of Mond- stated honestly, seeing that the holes for white lies were sealed as of the moment. Albedo sighed in hidden agitation, hand raising up to ruffle his already unruly hair. Teal optics slowly travelled from the milky sheets towards the lass who shook her head at his antics, laughing shortly as she finds the situation, really amusing.

"Silly you", she chuckled, humming afterwards whilst she fiddled a strand of her long wavy hair. "Is it weird for lovers to wake up on the same bed with each other?",

Something's not right.

This is definitely not right. Cascade Ragnvindr is a noble woman. Born as a respectable young sister of Diluc Ragnvindr. A lady who wouldn't dare to pry further on someone else's personal space. Even if Albedo would invite her over, to cuddle or whatever things that he'd like to do with her that involves skinship- he knew - that it would take him ages to make her agree. Her actions creeped him out. She's unusually too much affectionate.

Although deep down- he couldn't help it but to bask in the moment wherein she's within his sights. That she's standing in front of him, simile to that of a cherub as she brightly grinned at him. He sighed, shaking his head to rid out the thoughts. Albedo them stood up from the bed, snaking his arms around her waist, whilst burrying his head on the crook of her neck, inhaling the sweetest scent of vanilla and cecilias that he had grown addicted to.

"I'm sorry. . . I'm really sorry", the alchemist mumbled again and again, like a broken record on play- his grip on her tightened every phrase, showing her how much he regretted on jumping into conclusions without letting her explain her side. Even if she immediately sent them into a memoryless state without explaining. The Chalk Prince understands. She was hurt, pained, accused immediately out of the sight that greeted the viewers.