one

a/n: IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TRIGGER YOU, PLEASE BE WARNED. THIS STORY WILL CONTAIN:
——————————————
Trigger warnings
- yelling/fighting
- physical abuse
- blood/gore
- mention of suicide
——————————————

It was a regular spring day in the Miyagi Prefecture. The final bell was about to ring, meaning that Iwaizumi would soon have to return home to his father. With dread, the student finishes writing his notes, then starts packing up his stuff. He knew what would happen as soon as he returned home. As usual, Iwaizumi's father would ramble on and on about how powerful his son is, and how much potential he has. Normally, you would think this is just fatherly love, but it's so much more than that. His father was overly obsessed with Iwaizumi inheriting the family business. Iwaizumi slumped back in his chair, let out a heavy sigh, and planned out his night. The responsible student would practice his afternoon routine. He'd walk to his favorite cafe, then return home and begin studying for a few hours, then shower, then maybe read a little, then sleep. Just as usual. But, instead, he would soon receive a top-secret mission: to kill the famous demon referred to as "Oikawa". He was tired of killing. He didn't want to kill anymore, even if the creature deserved it. Interrupting his thoughts, the bell rang, and conversations overflowed the classroom.

"Iwaizumi-San!" A voice calls out. Out of the corner of his eye, Iwaizumi could see an orange blob. Getting up, Iwaizumi walked over to the shorter one and smiled. "Ah Hinata-kun. What's up?" Iwaizumi asks. His underclassman's eyes lit up. He reached inside his bag, and pulled out a tiny object with writing on it. Beaming, the shorter one exclaimed, "Here take this! It'll help you on your next mission!" Iwaizumi glanced down at the good luck charm, but all it did was remind him of his life. "Thank you! I'll keep it with me!" Iwaizumi smiled. They said their goodbyes, and Iwaizumi was now alone walking down the stairs of the high school building. The hairs on his neck stood up from the sensation of eyes watching him. He turned around and looked behind him, but saw nothing.

Weird..

He continued down the hallway and made his way back to his house. Iwaizumi was now standing on the front porch of his house. He knocked and rang the doorbell, only to be greeted by his pure-hearted, and loving mother. She smiled sweetly, then opened the door for her beloved son. Iwaizumi loved his mother deeply. Her heart was filled with pure kindness, and he respected her. She was stuck with his father for the rest of her life, and there was no escape. Regardless, she had continued to show nothing but care and compassion for the both of them."Welcome home, Hajime! Your father isn't home yet, but he'll be back soon." His mother smiled. Iwaizumi responded with a hug, then kissed his mother's cheek. He sat down on the couch, breathing in the quiet house. Once he had relaxed, he began to reread one of his favorite books, only to be startled moments later by the dreaded sound of the door swinging open."I'm home." His father growled."Welcome back! I'll get started on dinner right awa-"

A loud crash could be heard from the kitchen. Iwaizumi looked over his shoulder in horror. He saw his father, beating his mother. Tears started to form in Iwaizumi's eyes, dread overcoming him. He loved his mother, and it pained him to see her being treated like this. But he knew he couldn't intervene. That would result in her getting "punished" more. His father yelled nasty things at her. Calling her things like "trashy lowlife" and "useless". Iwaizumi wanted to speak up.. but he felt.. trapped. His eyes met his mother's. He could see the horror in her eyes, the pain she was enduring. Her lips formed a shaky smile, even though she was aching, she still smiled. His father finally stopped attacking his mother, leaving her to lie there on the floor. She was bleeding in some areas, yet she still smiled, as if she was trying to let Hajime know she was alright. He knew she wasn't though.

"Sorry about that Hajime." His father grumbled, making his way over to sit down next to him. Iwaizumi wiped his tears, and glared at his father with nothing but pure hatred. "Good news, Hajime! I think you're finally ready for another mission!" His father exclaimed with awe. Iwaizumi clenched his fists, holding back the urge to punch his father in the face. "I got the permission to assign you to kill a demon named "Oikawa"! This might be a hard task, but I know someone as amazing and talented as you can do it!" "Oi..kawa..?" Iwaizumi recognized the name, he must've heard it in a documentary or maybe he overheard his father talking about it."I'm.. going to go wash up." Iwaizumi muttered coldly. Before his father could respond, Iwaizumi had already made his way upstairs.