eleven

"If I don't.. kill you, I'll.. I'll.. die."

The words replayed over and over in Iwaizumi's mind, completely blocking out any source of light. Oikawa's weak hands left Iwaizumi's cheek, his weary eyes glaring back at him. Bitter silence filled the garden, the only life left. Maroon red trickled down Oikawa's hip, sinking into the cloth enveloping his skin, leaving dark, damp stains. Not a movement, not a word, not a sound left either of the two. They just sat there, the despair taking over their every thought, driving out all hope.

The bell rang.

No response.

Rushed footsteps filled the hallway.

No response.

No signs of movement were set in motion, as if the life had been drained out of the two, as if they were trapped. Processing the fact that the bell had rung, they rose to their feet. Instead of words, bitter coldness was exchanged, and they both went their separate ways.
~

"Darling. It's time to go." Oikawa nudged his lover's arm, no response. He tried poking, no response. The classroom they were in was deserted, with no signs that anyone was ever even there. Finally, the shorter one spoke, "It.. It's all my fault.." He tore the skin on his fingers with his teeth, repeating this pattern to cope. "Darling." Oikawa warned. He grabbed Iwaizumi by the arm, and pulled him out of the classroom, through the empty hallways, down the stairs, and out of the school building. Fresh, winter air surrounding them.

They finally reached Iwaizumi's home, and Oikawa decided to stop in to pay a visit to his partner's mother. She was delighted to see her son home, and that he had brought his friend over. Iwaizumi forced a smile, trying his hardest to set aside his personal problems so he could properly embrace his mother. He truly just wanted to treat her the best he could, as if she were leaving soon. Oikawa sighed, antsy to exit the awkward position he was set in. All he wanted was to relax, and plan what he would do about his current situation. But, he felt pressured to stay by the woman's kind welcome. "Are you sure it's really alright?" Oikawa questioned, smiling in his charming way. "Yes! Hajime's father is in America right now, hunting off some ghoul. He's expected to be back in around a week." She reassured, signaling them to go upstairs. In response to this, Iwaizumi forcefully clasped Oikawa's hand, and dragged him up the stairs.

"Ow!! Geez you didn't have to grab me that har-"

As soon as the two reached the bedroom, Iwaizumi had already wrapped his arms around Oikawa, desperate for any form of their bodies connecting. Hesitantly, the shorter one pulled Oikawa into an enforced, messy kiss. Their lips crashed together sloppily, it being obvious that it was Iwaizumi's first time. A muffled noise of delight was heard from Oikawa, and he tightly enveloped Iwaizumi into a sweet, brief hug. Despite their passionate moment, they both began to shed tears, resorting back to a familiar feeling: desperation. "Da..Darling.. it's alright.. really! I have.. 4 years left to spend with you! I swear I'll.. love you for ever millisecond of my time left!" Oikawa let out between shaky sobs. No words of comfort reached Iwaizumi. "I just met you.. and now I find out we spent over 20 years loving each other, and then I find out that we have limited time together.. how fucking cruel can this world get.." Iwaizumi cried out, refusing to release himself from Oikawa's embrace. Instead of using words, Oikawa decided that he'd try a different approach: touch. He began to rub Iwaizumi's back, and then, he pulled away from the hug slightly, and kissed his cheeks over and over, the salty flavor of tears entering his mouth. He planted kisses all over Iwaizumi's face, love sailing from his lips, to his lovers skin. Iwaizumi seemed to enjoy this, as his sniffles died down, and he began to move again.

The two moved to Iwaizumi's bed, continuing their tight embrace. Oikawa switched to a more comfortable position: him laying slightly on top of his lover, finding the beating of his heart relaxing. "Hey uh, before I fall asleep, can I change out of this gross uniform?" Iwaizumi asked, taking his hand off of Oikawa's waist. Groaning, Oikawa nodded, and leaned up to kiss his lover's chin. Iwaizumi got up, stretched and walked over to his closet. He opened it, and took out two, old T-shirts. He threw one to Oikawa, who was still slumped on the bed, refusing to get up. Iwaizumi lifted, and took off his shirt, instantly attracting the gaze of his perverted lover. In nothing but his boxers, Iwaizumi slipped the T-shirt on, covering up his toned muscles. Oikawa frowned, and demanded that he left his shirt off. "What the hell? No!" Iwaizumi yelled. "Pleeeeaaaase? Pretty pretty preeeeeettty pleeeeeasasee?" Oikawa begged, flashing Iwaizumi his best "puppy-dog eyes" and clasping his hands together. "Fine. As long as you stop whining."