thirteen

Weeks had past since the two had found out about their misfortune, and as Oikawa's condition deteriorated, he was forced to drop out of school. Iwaizumi tried his best to power through the schooldays alone, but guilt overcame him, and he decided to drop out too. His father was not pleased, and immediately flew home from America as soon as the news reached him. Taking a puff from his e-cigarette, Mr. Iwaizumi sighed heavily, staring suspiciously at his wife. He felt it was her fault that their son dropped out, and thought that she deserved to be punished. Tears streaming down her face, she endured the pain. But, the punishment lasted longer than usual, as the man's stress level was rising, and his patience was wearing thin. "JUST DIE YOU USELESS WHORE!" He shouted, whipping and tearing at his wife's skin. He continued on with the beating, leaving blood, and large bruises, until her lifeless body was staring back at him.

"Shit."

~

"Mom? I brought Tooru over!" Iwaizumi called out, his boyfriend's hand in his. "Mom?" He peeked into the living room, the sight of his beloved mother's rotting corpse welcoming him. Struggling to breathe, Iwaizumi fell to his feet, his eyes open wide. Failing to speak, he just sat there, staring down at his trembling hands. Oikawa tried his best to comfort his lover, pulling him into a tight embrace, and kissing his head a few times. His attempts didn't completely calm his nerves, the image of her pale, bony face repeating in his head. Without knowing it, Iwaizumi let out an agonizing scream. "D-Darling!! I-It's okay I'm right here!" Oikawa cried, trying his best to keep a brave face for the one he loved. He pulled him closer, covering his eyes and caressing his hair. Iwaizumi let out a heart-shattering sob, tugging lightly at Oikawa's shirt. Eventually, Mr. Iwaizumi returned home, not even bothered by his wife's dead body slumped up against the wall. "Did you.. Did you do this?!" Iwaizumi thundered, hatred weaved in his tone. "Yes, son. But, this is good. She was a distraction, a pest, and I felt that she needed to be eradicated. Also, who is this."

Iwaizumi froze, and glanced over to his boyfriend in horror. Oikawa then laughed nervously, before answering with, "Hi sir, I'm uh.. Toru Oikawa. Nice to meet you." Just then, he had realized his error. Welp. There's no getting out of this one. I might have to fight him. He thought to himself. "Toru Oikawa you say. As in, the demon?" Mr. Iwaizumi inquired, raising a brow, and slowly taking out a knife from his pocket.

Silence.

Iwaizumi grabbed Oikawa by the wrist, and ran out the door in a panic. "HEY GET BACK HERE!! I STILL NEED YOU HAJIME!" The man screamed while chasing them, fear written all over his face. A lot was rushing through his mind. Why his son was with a man? Why was a that man a demon? Why was his son with the demon he was suppose to obliterate? He growled in anger, and eventually, his feet fell to a halt and he fell over, landing face-first on the concrete. Soon, he was out of view from Iwaizumi, and they ran on into a dark, deep forest. They didn't mind it, as long as they were alone, as long as they were free. Light sniffles escaped from Iwaizumi, as he imagine how much suffering his mother went through. "H-Hey.. it's.. it's okay! I'm.. I'm right here.." Oikawa trembled, it was foreign for him to see such a masculine man so broken. He gently wrapped an arm around his boyfriend, rubbing his waist and kissing his shoulder. Oikawa whispered a few words of reassurance into Iwaizumi's ear, trying his best to comfort him. "She's.. she's really gone.. forever."

Hours passed, and the two wound up returning to Oikawa's apartment, as it was their favorable option. They waited until midnight, and crept into the house, trying not to alarm any neighborhood dogs. The two finally reached the apartment, and collapsed onto the bed. "Hey.. babe. Can I.. ask you something?" Iwaizumi's cheeks flushed, his eyes avoiding Oikawa's gaze. "Mhm. Anything." Iwaizumi sat up, and took an object from his pocket. "Here.. take this." Inside his hand, was a necklace, silver and thin. In the center, there was a small, purple stone. "Will you.. be with me.. forever?"

"Of course, my darling."