fifteen

YEAR 5

Dear my beloved Hajime,

Hi, darling. I can't believe it's already been 4 years. I'm so happy that I got to spend them with you. Please don't be too hard on yourself after my death, and move on. I'll give the necklace you gave me back. After I'm gone, you should use it on a girl. Hey! That Yuri girl was eyeing you back in school, you should ask her out! Oh god I'm getting a little two worked up about this, haha. Anyways, my last wish is for you to continue living. I'd feel terrible if I made you take your own precious life because of me. You have so much potential! You're seriously so strong. I know you hate compliments because of your father, but don't let him hold you down. You're like a perfect human. What do they call someone like that? The chosen one? Anyways just keep me hidden in your heart, but please move on. Get a girlfriend, a job.

With love,
Toru Oikawa

Folding the letter, Oikawa placed it in a bright blue box, and hid it on top of a nearby shelf. He struggled to walk downstairs, but he managed to despite his growing wound. As soon as Iwaizumi noticed, he jumped to his feet. "Are you alright?!" He wrapped one arm around him, supporting his left side. "Come on. Let's go watch that show you always talk about. What was it called again? Attack on Titan?" He inquired, trying to distract Oikawa from his current condition. "Yes! I'd love to!!" Oikawa nodded cheerfully, leaning over to plant a kiss on Iwaizumi's cheek. Iwaizumi lifted Oikawa up, and carried him into the living room. He placed him down gently, and wrapped him in a warm embrace.

"Who were the two you loved so dearly? Sorry I'm blanking their names.."

"Historia and Ymir."

"Oh right!" Iwaizumi chuckled, turning his attention back to the screen.

"To my dear Historia. As I write this, Reiner's standing at my side. He knows this is a love letter, but he's still sneaking peeks. Honestly it's no wonder the creep's still single. That said, he did give me his word that he'd deliver this letter to you. He says that he owes me for the time i doubled back to save him. I'm sorry about them. I never would have imagined myself choosing those two over you. I'm going to die soon. But, I'll die without regrets. Well that's what I'd like to say. Truth is, I do have one. It's that I never got to marry you. With love, Ymir."

"Ah. I see why you like them so much. How tragic." Iwaizumi blurted, completely oblivious to how much their stories aligned. "Waaaaa! How are you not crying your eyes out right now?!" Oikawa sniffled, pointing at the tv wearily. "I uhm.. don't know?" Iwaizumi interlocked his hands with Oikawa's. "Anyways, I'm going to bed." Oikawa pouted, nuzzling his head against his lover's chest. And soon, he dozed off to sleep, dreaming about the possibilities he couldn't acquire.

As the days progressed, the two spent more and more time clinging to one another, desperate to absorb each other's presence. They shared their favorite memories from their past life, and ones from their present one. They shared secrets, regrets, and hardships. What they didn't share, was their plans for the dreadful time to come. Iwaizumi had no intention of living without Oikawa, he couldn't bring himself to. Oikawa on the other hand, had planned to die alone. He couldn't bear the thought of seeing Iwaizumi's face as he passed.

The day was December 30th, meaning that Oikawa had 1 day left to live. Because of this, he was unable to talk and move. Iwaizumi was like a dog, guarding Oikawa with his life. If I'm going to die, I'm happy I'll be in his arms. Oikawa thought to himself. "Hey Toru.. our old university was shut down.. but garden is open to all. Remember that day? When I.. held you for the first time..? Yeah. Well uhm.. I was thinking about it and.. I think you should.. leave.. there. It'll be a better.. passing that way." Iwaizumi spoke in a gentle manner. Oikawa nodded in response, he had taken a liking to dying surrounded by flowers.

"It's.. really time. It all went by so fast." Iwaizumi trembled. His night was a restless one, as he was unable to drift off to sleep. Tears falling freely from his eyes, Iwaizumi gently poked his lover's sleeping body, blood oozing out from his open wound. But, he did not wake, so Iwaizumi picked him up, and carried him into their car. He drove to the florally-decorated garden, and laid Oikawa's aching body down on the concrete. Then, he sat down beside him, planting multiple desperate kisses on his forehead. "Ha..jime?" Oikawa breathed, his eyes still glued shut. "Yes! It's Hajime right here!" Iwaizumi sobbed, clasping his hand tightly. "Oh.. I.. love Hajime.." "Hajime loves you too! He does, really! So.. please stay.. with Hajime.. please." "I..love him, but.. I have to kill.. him.."

"I'll.. kill him.."

Oikawa wearily opened his eyes, to his surprise, he wasn't where he dreamt he was. He dreamed that he was in his office, clenching an old photograph of his past husband. Instead, he was greeted with light sobbing, and a hesitant kiss. "Dar..ling..?" He reached out a hand to touch his lovers face, wiping away his tears. Blood surrounded them, staining the concrete tiles beneath. Just then, ashes gradually replaced Oikawa's feet, calves, and knees. There was no doubt about it, their time together was up. Iwaizumi desperately grasped Oikawa's waist, and crashed his lips against his. Nothing they did helped the destruction of Oikawa's existence. As he faded away, Oikawa mumbled to Iwaizumi where to find his letter, his entire lower half now gone.

"Goodbye, my darling."

All that was left of him was a small, silver necklace. This time, he was truly gone. There was absolutely no way to see him again.

"P-Please.. come back.. don't.. leave me.. again."

"Not.. again."