nine

A year passed since the demon, Toru Oikawa had met Hajime Iwaizumi. And in that time, they'd developed quite the friendship. It started with hatred, and blossomed into silent admiration and passion. This unfortunately shifted when the Oikawa began to date Alisa Haiba, a beautiful, perfect girl. She was a very kind-hearted, considerate individual, who always seemed to notice when something was bothering Oikawa. This always filled Iwaizumi with pure jealousy, there was no denying it. He had grown to find comfort in Oikawa's presence, and when his attention was fixated on another, hatred began to spark in Iwaizumi's veins. Instead of fighting, the boy simply gave up. He was unaware of the mutual feelings locked away in the demon's heart. They left their desires unacknowledged, unnoticed, and unknown.

"Alisa~" Oikawa cooed. The two were on their way to school, both restless from their previous night spent together. Alisa then paused, and glanced down at the ground. "Honey? Are you alright?" Oikawa asked, worried. He reached his hand out towards her, signaling for her to interlock hers with his. His cocky expression faded, and developed a concerned, loving gaze. His lover saddened as she took his hand. She sighed, and mumbled, "You're happier with him.." The words scraped at Oikawa's heart, guilt trickling in his veins. Alisa inhaled deeply, and cried out, "I know who you pretend I am! Oikawa, stop lying to yourself.. I'm not the one for you, he is!" Tears were falling from her eyes, and she ripped something from her bag. It was a necklace, the one the demon had given to her for their 6 month aniversary. She threw it at him, and let out an angered, "I pity you, really. Being in love with your best friend, and using me to cope. How pathetic, how disgusting. Never talk to me again, not until you've realized how deeply in love you are with him. I've seen the way you look at him, the way your eyes light up when he enters the room, the way you glance so longingly at him. I've seen it, Oikawa. Goodbye."

All Oikawa could do was stand there, paralyzed. He watched as she stormed off, as the one he'd pretended to love was leaving him. He was trying his best to erase his deep feelings for Iwaizumi, but when he closed his eyes, the only thing that came to his mind was him. I have to go find him. I have to tell him how I feel while I still can! He thought to himself. But uncertainty was lingering, the thought of rejection piercing his skin. Setting his nervousness aside, he began to run towards the Iwaizumi household, in hope that his feelings would be returned.

Finally, Oikawa arrived at Iwaizumi's door. Without invitation, he barged in, and darted towards the boy's room. He rushed in, and was greeted with Iwaizumi's refreshing scent, but no one was there. Oh right. He's already left. As soon as Oikawa was about to leave, he felt a sudden, sharp pain form on his hip. "Not again.." He muttered. He lifted his shirt up, revealing his defined chest, and a growing, bleeding cut on his left hip. "Owwy.. this hurttssss." He suddenly remembered his comrade's advice given before he departed from the demon realm, "Hey Oikawa.. don't stay there too long. Look on your hip. Theres a mark, right? Well, that's your death mark. If you don't return in 5 years, the mark will grow into a ginormous cut and you'll dissolve into nothing but ashes. Anyways, I'll help you find your human. After, I'll leave you to finish the job."

The distant memories of Sugawara filled his head, and he remembered why he was forced into earth in the first place. To kill. Oikawa let out a heavy sigh, and began his walk to school. In his heart, he hoped that Iwaizumi would run into him, but he didn't. Oikawa entered the school building, and instantly began his search for Iwaizumi, bumping into multiple people on the way. He exited the main building, and entered the school's garden. The heavenly aroma of flowers and sunlight greeting him gently.

"Oi..kawa..?" A familiar voice muttered. Oikawa flipped around, his heart pounding against his chest. "Hajime!" Oikawa cheered, and wrapped his arms around Iwaizumi, pulling him closer. Iwaizumi melted into the demon's touch. "Oikawa I-" "Don't. There's no need to say it, I know." Oikawa murmured, softly caressing Iwaizumi's hair.

"I love you too, darling."