Testing Expressions: Anger

Hello all! Back again with testing the expressions of this new drawing book of mine! And before you ask, I only got this one done so fast because I already finished it before I put up the previous thing.

There's only three of them to go through here, but I chose good characters for this one. Again, these are only sketches, so don't expect any colors besides black and white and don't expect perfect results. This was just for funnsies basically. Now, with that out of the way, here's the next set of expressions for ya'll.

 Now, with that out of the way, here's the next set of expressions for ya'll

For the first one, irritation, I drew Dark Pit of Kid Icarus fame. Irritation is really only a slight case of anger (at least compared to the other expressions) and who else is more irritable then Dark Pit. He puts up with Pit's antics and the gods' shenanigans constantly. And he's just the type to be more irritated at the smallest of annoyances. I think i might have had someone else in mind before I started drawing, but I forgot who that was and ended up with Dark Pit instead. Oh well.

Next up was the expression of rage, which in this set was a middle ground of anger. Now, before I go further, note that I decided to go with the comical representation of manga style rage. I was originally gonna go for actual rage, but- come on- it's the only Spooky Jumpscare Mansion specimen that has a reason for looking like she came out of an adorable anime instead of a horror game or movie. And hey, it's good practice for this kind of character. Regardless, Tirsiak is about as adorably scary as ever here, and I'm happy with it.

Then came fury, the most extreme of anger expressions. And, let's be honest here, Tatsumaki is just a ticking fury bomb waiting to happen. I tried for an expression that involved shadows going over the face to express the intensity of rage, as well as lines along the body that- according to the book- enforced the idea that the character was leaning forward to further imply the fury. I went with this, but Tots could've gotten off just as well with the more "cutie" fury look (what I call a blushing mad loli look), but I like to take my characters seriously *usually* so here we are. To me the sketch of Tots looks more off then my drawings of Tots usually do, but then again this is one of the first times in a while that I haven't colored a Tatsumaki drawing and maybe it's the hair curls are throwing me off.

Curse of an artist type folks. We're sometimes so detailed oriented that even random sketches throw us into a fit sometimes. 😝

Anyway, that's the three the book had for anger. Hope you got a kick out of it. Still haven't gotten the Instagram thing started yet but I'll get on it soon hopefully. I won't say who I'm srawing for the next set of expressions, but you're more then welcome to guess! It'll be for expressions of sadness and there will be four characters for each expression. Happy guessing, and cheers! 🐉