OC art: Ahriman

Guys...

I'm so proud of myself...😢

And yes, I actually did the background myself

And yes, I actually did the background myself. ^^

Anyway, this paranoid skinny boi is Ahriman, the Deity of Plagues. But you can also call him "BrittleBones" too, he doesn't mind. And don't worry, he won't infect you with anything. Despite his moniker as Plague Deity, he's really just a cinnamon bun of a guy who only asks that you don't squeeze him too hard if you want to hug him. And on that note, he's more than safe to hug, I promise. 😊

The Deity of Plagues, unlike that of the Deity of Madness (that's Orichal btw, from my Valentine art), is actually respected by most deities sheerly on the fact that- if the previous Deity of Plagues was any indication *cough cough*- even other deities could fall to sickness by the hand of whoever dons the moniker of Plague Deity. Plus, as Deity of Plagues, it's that deity's job to keep from too many mortals dying of diseases. Not that Ahriman would know that; he was raised in the Pit of Banishment since he was a child, and the other deities down there don't like to show their weakness of fear so easily. Besides, Ahriman wouldn't willingly hurt a fly without a very good reason and motivation to. Heck, many of the other banished deities think Ahriman wasn't even meant to be in the pit at all. I mean, he just randomly shouwed up in the pit one day when he was just a kid, and for all his hundreds of years in the pit he's been constantly sitting at the bottom of the entranceway waiting for some individual he doesn't even seem to remember to come for him.

Poor ol BrittleBones, he's so paranoid. He knows what it means when he coughs up blood; a plague of some kind is about to start somewhere. And he's easy to not only bruise, but break too. A casual elbow jab can break the poor fellow's ribs, but don't fret; being a deity, his injuries heal much faster than any human, though for Ahriman he still heals a good bit slower than your average deity. Plus, he's somehow aware of how werewolf curses have become more frequent at a given time and he seriously thinks he'll become a savage beast under a "blood moon" as he calls it. Still, despite his grim appearance and grimmer attitude towards certain things, he still tries to be as polite and kindly as he can to others. No use causing trouble for anyone after all. And while most kids usually stay away from him, Nagini (again, from my Valentine art) will tell you that Ahriman has a surprisingly good tolerance for little kid shenanigans and can handle them fairly well.

Inspirations? Well, the initial thing that inspired me to make Ahriman was a fanmade Bloodborne song made by Aviators on YouTube. And after some time figuring out his personality and all, I started thinking on his design and decided to include some details of other Bloodborne/Dark Souls things, and I found Eileen the Crow an excellent secondary source for Ahriman's details (the Crow Hunter Badge is on Ahriman's coat, for example). Subsequently, mostly due to Eileen, BrittleBones has a clear plague doctor look to him. Honestly I wasn't originally going to do it, but that only lasted for about 10 seconds before I did it anyway. :P

Here's the song that inspired Ahriman's creation. I consider it his theme song. (Anything about his personality or nature I didn't mention is pretty much summed up in the song somewhere)

Here's the original traditional drawing I made of Ahriman.

And since I, again, made my own background for like the first time ever, I'll show you guys the full version of it so you guys can use it in your stuff if you want (you have my full permission to use it)

If you guys have any questions regarding Ahriman at all- regarding his character, the drawings themselves, etc etc- you're more than welcome to ask. And hey, since the drawing app I used can make vids of most of the drawing process in your works in it, maybe I can show you guys the vids that go over how I drew Ahriman and the background drawings here (if you would like to see them that is).

I suppose that I'm done here for now. Cheers lot! 🐉