Chapter 23

****Caleb POV****

“Cccccaaaallllleeeebbbb,” Joey said child like.

“Yes?”

“I am hungry,” He pouted. It was kind of cute when he would wake up and act like a kid. Usually he would get himself food but he wanted me to.

“Then get food, little kitten,” I said still cuddling with him as he laid closer.

“But it is sooooo far away,” He pouted, “Plwease help meeee.”

“What if I said no,” I smiled looking at him. He looked like he was about to cry moving his face into my shirt. Almost to hide what tears would come out, “Fine.”

“Oh thank you, Caleb,” He said as if I just told something unreal. I know he wouldn’t have cried. But still if you stay the face you would be swayed too.

Getting up I didn’t bother to put a shirt on so I just went downstairs in shorts and boxers. I saw Jc feeding Chelsea and a frustrated Kian. Who may I say looked like he was 20 turning 60. He looked the everything drained out of him and he wasn’t happy about it. I told him to take a nap and reluctantly he did saying he would be back in a hour or two. When I knew it would be longer. I didn’t mind though I loved Chelsea and as he uncle I shall do right. Jc handed her off to me when he was done. Something about getting ready for a date. I just nodded him off.

I sat Chelsea in the high chair and gave her some toys while I made breakfast for Joey and I. Pancakes sound good. I grabbed the ingredients starting my prep work. I started making pancakes when Joey came downstairs. Seeing Chelsea his face lit up and he scooped her up spinning her around. He held her close afterwards smiling in her face. He loved the way she looked. Carrying her he walked over to me planting a kiss on my cheek before saying thank you. Afterwards he took her to the living room to watch tv. I finished up and the boys returned with lots of baby stuff. Some held bags and those without bags had the crib parts.

The boys looked proud of themselves with what they have done. Jc and Sam started putting the crib together while Joey ate. Ricky and Connor handed off the parts they needed. Holding Chelsea close I decided to take her up to my room so we could rest. Although I needed it mainly instead of the wide awake Chelsea. But I heard soft snores about twenty minutes later. That was the sign I could sleep also. But before I could there was a knock at the front door. The guys downstairs were arguing about it so I just got up and answered. I was greeted by a drunk Mark. Oh Joy! Notice the sarcasm.

“Youuuuuu get my sister down hereeeee,” He slurred.

“Mark you need to go home she is sleeping.”

“You think you’re soooo bad and tough,” I stayed silent, “Well you’re not!”

Well that hurt Mark!

“Okay...goodbye now!”

“Not without MARIA,” He slurred shouting.

“She is outside let me show you,” I said leading him outside. He stepped outside and I ran back and closed the door. Locking it I went back upstairs and laid back down with Chelsea.

****Maria POV****

I heard so I got up while Kian groaned. Welcome to be being a dad Kian. I told him to go back to sleep and he smiled going to sleep. I went on the search for Chelsea. Downstairs. No. She’s not in my room. Ricky’s. No. Jc’s. No. Where the hell is she?!?! Sam’s...no. GUEST ROOM! I ran to the guest room to be greeted by a sleeping Caleb and a crying Chelsea. I scooped her and she relaxed afterwards. Someone just wanted to cuddle I guess. I brought to my room with Kian.

Kian was now awake fully and looked a bit happier. He was watching tv slowly looking over to who entered the room. I sat next to him still holding Chelsea. Pulling me closer to him he snaked his arms around. I just smiled at him laying my head on his shoulder. Moving his hand on Chelsea’s slowly moving his thumb he looked at me.

“Maria...Mark-”

“I know but Caleb handled it to let us sleep. She has your eyes,” I said looking up at him.

“She will have your beautiful hair. And body,” He smirked kissing my cheek.

“WOW...I ummm finished you ermmm crib,” Jc said nervously  carrying it in with Sam.

“I think you’ll need it on th path you guys are going on,” Sam whispered before chuckling shaking his head.

“Shush. And thank you,” I said getting up and putting Chelsea in the crib, “You can leave now.”

Jc and Sam just stood there like idiots before leaving. Kian got up and locked the door before pushing me to the wall. He kissed me on the cheek trailing down to my neck. I wanted to continue but I couldn’t. So stopping him he pouted in return, “Again?”

“She is right there Kian.”

“But I really want to.”

“Remember what happened last time we did it,” I said gesturing to Chelsea, “I don’t regret her...I just want to be on the same side. Okay?”

“You make all the decisions for us, Maria. So honestly I don’t need to say ok,” He said sighing.

“I’m sorry,” I said also sighing, “How about we have a date night friday.”

“Sure,” He winked, “4 days...Caleb can watch our pride and joy. We will go to a hotel for the night so you don’t have to worry about anything.”

“You have it all planned out. And now I don’t have a say,” i said pouting.