Platonic!ACDC: Apocalypse

Angus sobs kneeling down next to his brother's body. Malcolm was dead and it was all his fault. He should have gotten the medicine sooner, he drops the baggie of medicine. Malcolm was cold and stiff.

One of Angus' friends Bon looks over and whimpers.

“Come on, he's been dead for a while now. Let me get a bite of his arm.” Bon begs.

Angus cries worse,“I'm not letting you eat my brother."

“Just a nibble. Please? I'm starving. If you let me get a big enough piece I should be able to tell you how he might have died."

"He died of the virus. It ate his brains away." Angus replies coldly.

Angus hugs him knees the bunker seemed lonely now. Axl, bless his heart helped bury Malcolm's body. Now it's only Angus, Axl, Brian, and Bon.

"We're going to starve." Bon whimpers holding his cramping stomach. 

"Is that all you think of? Angus snaps, "Food?"

"I haven't eaten in nearly a week." Bon whispers softly.

"You shouldn't have missed rations then." Angus grumbles hugging his knees.

Brian hands Bon a jerky stick and an apple, "Eat up." 

Bon thanks him and eats slowly. The room stops spinning and he gets a few drinks of water.

Angus even offers him some medication that he got for his brother originally but Bon declined it. They knew they couldn't stay in the bunker for long. The supplies are running low and everyone reeks.

They put on their gas masks and head out there. Walking side by side two in the front two in the back. Weapons drawn waiting to be attacked by mutants or bandits.

Its hard to see through the thick fog of Vaant. If you're really quiet you can hear the mutants. Their low gurgles and the sound of them shuffling trying to get to their next meal.

There's a rumble and the wind picks up. Strong winds enough to knock the men over. Yet they kept walking, they knew what was coming just by the loud clap. The sky seemingly breaks apart and the acid rain starts to fall. Stinging the boys' skin and they dive inside an old farmhouse. They shake and clean up. Their clothes are full of holes and their skin is sensitive to the touch. Yet they are alive.

Bon winces he had a pretty intense burn on his arm from the rain. It crackled and popped when touched. They patch him up the best they can but it isn't much, Axl was generous with the disinfectant and clean bandages though. Bon is left with a nasty scar though and he can't use that arm as good.

 They try to have a light dinner. They found some canned goods that weren't bulging or bursted open. It was a good meal. The peas tasted of tin and rust, Brian threw up his guts, it was awful. They kept him up with water and some jerky. The friends thought they were going to lose Brian but he lived. Shockingly he lived.

They traveled at night once the rain stopped. They stay safe for a whole year. Then raiders attack where they are staying. It's bloody, the four men fought hard to keep their home and food. Brian is killed sadly, he's scalped and his throat slit from ear to ear. The friends flee having to leave their fallen brother behind them. They feel guilty for doing so but Brian was already dead. The raiders had a dagger digging around in his brain to see if he had an early sign of fhe infection. Maybe some greying or whatever. No one really knew what the brain looked like in the early stages.

So it was just the three of them. Axl, Angus, and Bon. And their friendship was falling apart.

Angus no longer liked Bon. Bon kept bringing up eating each other and they basically slept with one eye open daily. It was getting tiring. Angus checks Bon's neck late one night.

That's when he sees the marking. It's the one of the infected. Angus shows it to Axl who shurgs and agrees it looks the part. A big purple pulsating vein that looks like something is moving up and down in it.

Axl and Angus take off when Bon's asleep. Axl makes sure to leave a good bit of ration for Bon. He knows that boy can't survive on his own. But soon thr infection will take him and Axl knows the group can't take another death. It was better to just leave little Bon behind and count their losses later. 

Axl feels so guilty, Angus does show some remorse. But the duo is smart; they've seen what the infection can do. It made Malcolm into a mindless shell of his formal self. He couldn't even remember his older brother Angus. And that broke Angus. Shattered him in ways that we can't even think of. That's when Angus began to change for the worst. He seemingly lost his compassion and love for other human and when Malcolm died it seemed to change him forever.

The pair are so close to leaving Vaant that they can see cars, full cars not melted by acid rain falls. It's funny seeing a car just sitting there not corroded away by acid. Some of them even have working tires. Although most were flatten or somehow missing. 

They haven't seen functioning cars in years. Angus looks under the hood of a nice cherry red one and sees nothing, it's been stripped of parts and anything good. That car isn't moving any time soon.

 After waking what seems like miles upon miles. Blister after blister, there's a car left crooked in the middle of the road. It's a little jeep, perfect for two.

They manage to hotwire a car up and get it going. They didn't know where they were going. There’s just them now. No cars on the road, no people in their homes, no explanations. Just them, and the helicopter that passed overhead….