Male Student: Wait, when did the Mimarans show up? You'd think the news would be all over that!

Female Student: They're the Shadow Kingdom, remember? They probably made sure they arrived when Atlas did so they wouldn't be noticed.

Female Student 2: Man, the Queen is hot.

Male Student 2: H-hey! Don't say that near your boyfriend!

Glynda taps on her scroll.

Glynda: Alright, I know that you're all fascinated by the Mimarans but please focus, class. Now that was a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match.

Glynda looks around at the observing students as Elise sits down next to Ruby, who seems to be containing excitement while Weiss looks at Elise with a smile. Ruby leans over to Weiss.

Ruby: A Mimaran Queen is sitting next to me! I can't believe you were telling the truth about running into her the other day!

Weiss: Of course I was telling the truth. Why would I lie over that?

Ruby: To look cooler?

Weiss rolls her eyes as Glynda calls out to the class.

Glynda: Any volunteers? Ms. Belladonna?

Blake slams her book shut and stares wide-eyed at Glynda.

Glynda: You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you -

Mercury raises his hand.

Mercury: I'll do it.

Glynda: Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent.

Mercury: Actually, I wanna fight... her.

Mercury points to Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: Me?

Glynda: I'm afraid Miss Nikos has just finished the match. I recommend you choose another partner.

Pyrrha: No, it's fine! I'd be happy to oblige.

Within a few minutes, Mercury struts into the arena, visibly sizing up Pyrrha. Their spar begins when Mercury charges in and kicks at Pyrrha, but she lunges forward, blocks it with her shield, and sweeps his other leg from beneath him with Miló. He falls onto his back but then kicks his legs into the air, spins on his hands, and does a double back-handspring. The two stop and stare at each other for a moment as Pyrrha stands up from a kneeling position. She runs forward to attack, but Mercury strikes first, leading her to instead block the first kick with Miló and a second with her shield, before turning around and blocking a further barrage of kicks with her shield.

Pyrrha ends the barrage by hitting his leg away with Miló, creating an opening for her to ram her shield into him. He lands on his feet and slides to a stop some distance away. Apparently slightly impressed, Mercury tilts his head and gives a slight nod with a "Hm".

Ruby turns toward Emerald sitting behind her.

Ruby: Hey, your friend's doing pretty good.

Emerald gives a fake smile and then rolls her eyes as Ruby turns her back. Elise turns her head to give a side glance, forcing Emerald to give a fake smile again.

Mercury then leaps into the air and, with a spin, brings his foot down on Pyrrha's shield, making her jump back slightly. After landing on the floor and dropping to his hands and feet, Mercury spins with one leg out, but Pyrrha raises her foot over it and steps backward. He quickly stands and leaps into the air, kicking at her, but she blocks with her shield.