t w e n t y - t w o

"PLEASE" Jude shouts through the door banging on it, I just smile and take another drink of my water. Olly and Cal watched from beside me as the boys continued freaking out over running out of soda in the pool house. 

"Holy sh- cow, are they still freaking out?" Ryker laughs walking back into the kitchen, I glare at him for almost cussing in front of his siblings. Olly already learned a knew word that will definitely get us in trouble later, he doesn't need to learn another.

"Hey I caught it, wipe that look off your face" He says pointing a finger at me, I shake my head and go back to watching the teenage boys have a melt down on some goddamn soda.

He sits next to Olly and starts typing on his phone, the my own phone pings and Ryker's name pops up. I pick up my phone and open the message.

From Ryker: Your dad now knows who is behind the threats. We should be home by next week and back to our normal lives.

I looked at the text and almost felt sad, would we still be in each other's lives after all of this. Does he want me to be in his life? Because I want him in mine.

Some how I manage to look up at him and give him a weak smile, he frowns at my reaction and gets up. He opens the back door and lets the boys in finally, they run to the fridge grabbing every soda in the fridge and going back outside.

"Can we watch a movie?" Olly asks with a big grin, I smile and nod. Ryker, Cal, and I follow him to the living room

Cal sits on the reading chair next to the couch, and Olly finds his way onto my lap next Ryker. I fall deeper into his side, his hand lays on my waist as his thumb draw small circles into the exposed skin from my tank top.

Halfway through the movie the boys parents come home, me and Ryker get up and go help. Once everything is set out Ryker and his dad disappear outside to grill the food. Leaving me and Jenna in the kitchen to wash and cut up some fruits and vegetables 

"So how long have you two been messing around?" Jenna asks out of the blue, I choke on my spit and look over at her. She has a knowing smirk on her face as she gauges my reaction.

"Oh please, my son tried to tell me you guys were just friends. But I can tell something is going on between you two" She explains, I continue to stare at her wide-eyed. 

Were we that obvious?

"I guess, we haven't really talked about what's going on though" I admit, she chuckles and looks out the window where you can see the boys gathering around the grill.

"My son is an idiot, but judging the way he looks at you. He doesn't just see you as some hook up. Just know, he is a lot like his father." She says continuing to watch her son and husband through the window.

"What do you mean a lot like his father?" She just sighs in response and shakes her head.

"When I first met Josiah, he was a lot like how Ryker is. I was his tutor for one of his college courses." She starts with a smile on her face, I listen in awe as she continues. "He didn't take it seriously at all, in his stupid mind he was untouchable, but his grades said otherwise. During one of our sessions he kissed me and one thing lead to another. It went on like that for 2 months, nothing but tutoring and hook ups."

"Then one day I missed my monthly visitor, panicking I took a pregnancy test. Well I took about 10, all coming back positive. I called Josiah crying and begging him to at least be somewhat involved in our child's life. He came over right after I called him and he seemed different, like me being pregnant made something click for him. We started seriously dating, and by the time Ryker came we were engaged." She further explains I smile at her story, and while it's sweet I hope that doesn't happen to me. 

I'm not fit to be a parent, let alone unexpectedly. Also I don't want the reason for someone to date me is because I was pregnant with their child.

"And that's also why there is such a big age gap between the boys, it took us awhile to get used to being parents as we were just getting to know one another. But eventually our other boys came along." She finishes with a content smile while looking at little Oliver sitting at the table with his toys.

"That is one wild story, almost as crazy as my parents" I scoff, she arches an eyebrow at me waiting for an explanation. I laugh at her reaction and look down.

"Very long story short, my parents were set up into a forced arranged marriage. Some got out of it, but decided to start dating. A couple months later they found they were pregnant with me and my brother. I think they eloped though, I have never seen wedding pictures" I say with a shrug, Jenna stares at me with her jaw on the floor. 

"I- wow, that's insane" She scoffs, I nod my head in response and we laugh. The back door opens and in walk Ryker and Josiah talking. 

"Hope you like wings, Braylon. Cause if not, prepared to be harassed the entire night" Josiah laughs, Ryker steals a grape from his mom's cutting board earning him a slap on the back of the head.

"Oh don't worry my dad would disown me if I didn't. Just make sure that they have a kick to them and we are all good" I answer, he looks at me with a grin and looks over at Ryker.

"I like her" He states and turns his back, I smile over at him. He smiles back and looks down. Jenna smirks at me and walks outside with a tray of fruit. 

His dad retreats to outside as Ryker leans against the counter just looking at me with a ghost of a smile lurking on his lips. I round the counter and stand in front of him, his arms circle my waist and pull me into his chest.

"I like your mom" I say play with the collar of his shirt, he gently pushes a stand of hair behind my ear and puts his hand on my cheek, lightly stroking with his thumb.

"Did she tell you how my parents got together and how I was the only reason they got married?" He asks with a big smile, I laugh and nod.

"Yeah, and she seemed pretty shocked by my parents story" He laughs loudly and tightens his grip on my waist.

"You're parents do have an crazier story, even when you leave out to illegal parts. Also to can we not have an unplanned child before we're married?" He asks running a hand through my hair, my cheeks heat up and I look down.

Has he thought about us getting married? Maybe his mom was right, but I hope that an unplanned baby isn't needed for us to be together.

"I'm totally on board with that idea" I finally say, he grins at me and places a kiss on my nose. 

And right on cue the doorbell sounds, we separate just in time for Jenna to come running into the house to answer it. Ten people coming walking in and all stare at me and Ryker. 

"You must be Ryker's girlfriend!" One of the blonde women says with a deep southern country accent. She pulls me into a lung crushing hug and squeals. Finally she lets go and goes back to her friends. I look wide eyed at Ryker and he has the same look on his face.

Oh god, this is going to be a very long night.