e i g h t

My leg bounced wildly as the sun set behind the car, I'm eager to get out of this car after 14 hours of driving. Especially after what happened on the side of the road. Was Ryker really planning on returning to that even though he stopped it, because he is a pussy? Part of me didn't want this, I could be putting us both endanger by distracting Ryker like this. But the other part, the bad bitch part, want him to take me right in my car.

"Would you fucking stop that? Goddamn it's fucking annoying" Ryker says glaring at me, I give him the finger and look out the window.

"Did someone forget to take the stick out of their ass?" I ask, he growls and his grip on the steering wheel was so tight his knuckles were white. At least things were normal, I piss him off, he says something, and I piss him off more. It's a fun cycle, mostly because he knows he can't do shit to me. I have complete control over him at this point.

"Hey I'm hungry. Can we get In-N-Out Burger" I ask with a big smile, he looks over at me and sighs. He mumbles a 'fine' before getting off the highway again. 

He parks and we get out, not many others would notice but I see the faint outline of a gun that is tucked in his jeans and under his hoodie.

"I don't think there is going to be a shoot out while we eat, leave it in the car" I say pulling him back away from the door. He glares at me before walking to the door, not putting the gun in the car.

Yep, he has a stick up his ass.

I stand close to him in line still not fully at ease from the dream, we get up to the counter and a teenage boy is behind it smirking at me.

"What can I get you, beautiful" He smiles, I scoot closer to Ryker looking up at the weirdo. 

"Yeah what sounds good, babe" Ryker smiles down at me as his arm slips around my waist.

"A number 1 please" I smile at the boy who is glaring at Ryker and grab the hand resting on my waist.

"I'll have the same thing, but no tomatoes" The boy nods and I go to pull my money out, but before I even pull my card out Ryker is paying for it. He just smiles at me and grabs out cups. We get our drinks in sit down.

"I'm paying for gas though" I say, Ryker nods and looks around. Our order is called and I jump out of the booth and get it before Ryker even has a chance to process our order was called. I smile as I sit the food down, he shakes his head before diving into the food.

We remain quiet as we eat, I think we were both a little hungry and upset. But who am I kidding we just fight because we can.

***

"Oh my god, you said we would stop for the night in Dallas. You fucking satanist" I complain, earning me a glare. If looks could kill I would be very dead right now.

"Because I said so, take a nap or some shit. You are always sleeping anyway" His words are laced with anger making me want to further push his buttons.

"You just want me to sleep so you can admire my beauty, so don't act like you don't enjoy me sleeping all the damn time" I say turning in my seat to face him, his knuckles turn white and I swear his cheeks turned a little pink.

"I enjoy you sleeping because you're quiet, don't flatter yourself" I burst out laughing, making him even more mad.

"Does your ass get jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth?" I raise my eyebrows and he just glares even harder at me if that is possible.

"Will you just shut the fuck up?" He growls.

"Make me dumb bitch" I say with venom dripping off my words, he growls like a fucking dog and doesn't respond.