Chapter 18- Trust them

The round moon shone high in the sky while stars surrounded the moon like tiny diamonds in the sky. The big bright sun could no longer be spotted in the dark sky, meaning it was no longer day time, it is night time.

Asta sat on top of the Black Bull's base roof looking up at the night sky feeling the cool night breeze blow against his skin. His legs were dangling off the edge of the roof, him deep into thought. That's right, he's at the Black bull's base.

Now you're probably wondering, 'why is he at the Black Bull's base when he should be at home with his brothers?' or 'it's night time isn't he suppose to be at the Vangeance mansion sleeping?' or maybe you might be thinking a little differently. But the answer to all these questions is the same thing. The reason why Asta was at the Black Bull's base late at night even though he could be at the Vangeance mansion sleeping right now, is because he's currently staying with he Black Bull's.

Again 'why exactly is he staying at the Black Bull's base?'. Well, it's because even though the Hage church couldn't convince Damnatio to add another condition that they wanted to the case which is to 'include Rhya and Patolli in the deal if they win' so they also get the elves, they were able to add a different condition, and was able to convince him to not let Asta stay with the Vangeances. They reasoned that because no one has won yet, none of them should be able to have Asta stay with them, because they aren't able to decide whether Asta goes to Hage village or the Vangeances yet. And they knew that you couldn't hide things from Damnatio so they had to follow the new condition and the only option left was for Asta to stay at the Black Bull's base.

The four Vangeances didn't exactly like the new condition where Asta was not allowed to stay with them until the court case is over, which is the next day, however, they knew that it wasn't the worst condition ever since they knew the Black Bulls, while the Hage church did not, so it's kind of in their advantage. 

Plus, it's not bad staying at the Black Bull's base for Asta, because he's technically a part of their squad, he's a Black Bull and also, they knew that Yami wouldn't let anything happen to Asta. Yami seems like he doesn't care about his squad members however, he wouldn't let any of them die or leave them behind. Those were the good traits about Yami, and maybe the only good traits however, if you don't want to get betrayed or want to get stronger, Yami would be the right choice since other captains, might not be able to not kick you out if you do something bad because some of them, don't want their reputation to be ruined.

Anyways back to the present*

Asta was sitting by himself staring at the moon thinking of what Yuno had told him earlier that day. 'But maybe all they want was to get rid of you Why else would William Vangeance let you get a blood test if you're not his real brother, meaning that would mean you could get taken away? Why would they take you to another village in that one week? It could be to have fun while you can before you have to say goodbye. See you back at the church bakasta. That was what Yuno said to me. The others did not hear but of course I did since he was talking to me. What if....... they don't actually want me and Yuno is right? What if the truth is..... try tricked me and I'm a baka like what Yuno said. No! They took acre of me so I need to think positively. but, what if they loose? I don't want to be taken from them. But, when the blood test comes out, the truth would come to light because, we're not blood related.'  thought Asta his hand travelling onto his head pulling his hair out of stress.

Then, a shadow covered Asta which made Asta scared but, he was too afraid to turn around to see who it was. 'It's ok it's probably just Magna-senpai trying to play a prank on me or something yeah....... I'm scared'  thought Asta. Then, someone placed their hand on Asta's shoulder making Asta flinch and loose his balance falling off the roof. 'Oh Asahi this is going to hurt'  thought Asta closing his eyes, waiting for the impact of the ground hitting his body but the pain never came.

"What are you doing brat? You trying ta' die?" said a deep voice.

Asta opened his eyes and saw Yami with a cigarette in his mouth. yami placed him down receiving a 'thanks' from the ash-blond haired male. 

"What's with the face brat?" questioned Yami.

"Huh?"

"You look nervous." said Yami.

"I'm nervous about tomorrow. the blood test results are out and, we're not really blood related. I'm just scared that William-niichhan won't have anything to defend our side. I don't want to go with the Hage church. It's far from here." replied Asta.

"So technically you're afraid to be taken far away from the Vangeances right?" asked Yami taking his cigarette out of his mouth.

"Yeah....." replied Asta.

Asta's worried face then turned to confusion when he heard Yami laughing.

"Captain I can hear your laugh from here and it sounds like a psychopath chasing after a chicken." yelled Magna from bellow them.

"Shut up you wanna die?" Yami yelled back dark aura raiding off of him, making Magna shut up feeling his aura.

Yami then turned back to Asta.

"Anyways, you shouldn't be worried. William wouldn't accept to do such thing if the end result is going to be failure." said Yami.

"Don't be worried? How can I not be worried about such thing?! You're saying that like it's not important. Of course I would be anxious about this." said Asta looking down.

"Ya' brat. Do you trust William and your brothers or not?" asked Yami.

This made Asta lift his head and look into Yami's eyes.

"I do." replied Asta.

"Then why are you nervous? If you believe in them, then you should know that they know what they're doing. No one knows what's gonna happen until it does. You'll only find out what happens tomorrow, so trust them on this one. Who knows? Maybe they'll even blow the wizard king's mind."

To be continued...

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

!DISCLAIMER: Black Clover does not belong to me!