Chapter 10- Trouble with Kreg's gang

Asta and Klaus's eyes widened after hearing the woman say her name. 'Irene was the same name that the mayor and Kan-san said earlier. Nii-chan/captain was looking for her'  thought Asta and Klaus(A/N Irene's picture is above except she looks older. The picture is not mine and the credit goes to the artist. Also I know it's Hermione).

Seeing Asta and Klaus's reaction, Irene chuckled making Asta and Klaus snap back into reality. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't help but laugh at your reactions." chuckled Irene.

"Oh no it's alright Irene-san." replied Asta and Klaus at the same time.

"By the way, judging by your reactions, you've heard of me yes? Maybe specifically from William or have heard him talking about me with someone?" questioned Irene.

"Yes we have. How did you know Irene-san?" asked Asta.

"She just said judging from our reactions Asta." said Klaus.

"Oh yeah." said Asta scratching the back on his head then he turned back to Irene.

"So Irene-san, how did you know us to come up to us?" asked Asta.

"It's quite easy to recognize you. You're Asta right?" asked Irene.

Asta and Klaus's eyes once again widened. 'Wait does she know who Asta/I am/is?'  thought Asta and Klaus shocked. This caused Irene to chuckle softly again.

"Yes I do know who Asta is." said Irene answering Asta and Klaus's question that they had in mind.

"Did I accidentally say that out loud?" asked Klaus.

"No you did not. You are Klaus if I am correct right?" questioned Irene.

"H-how?" Klaus stuttered.

"My magic is that I am able to read the mind of a person I want. I have to be able to see them though. On the bright side, I can read their mind even if I see them in a photo but, there's also a downside to that so it's not really a bright side, if the image of the person is not accurate, I cannot read their mind or I might accidentally read the mind of the wrong person. I'm sorry i read your minds without permission. I was just interested in what you were thinking because of the expressions you had on your faces." explained Irene.

"So that's how you know what we were thinking. So cool!" said Asta.

"Thanks." said Irene.

'So anything the opponent thinks, she can predict their movements. That would be very powerful on the battlefield or with unpredictable people like them'  thought Klaus

"That's right. I can indeed predict the opponents' movements according from what they think. So, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. I'll hear them in your thoughts anyways." said Irene.

"I have a question Irene-san." said Klaus.

"How did you recognize Asta? I don't remember me saying Asta's name mentally." asked Klaus.

"Because I can recognize his looks." explained Irene.

"Huh? But we've never met before." said Asta confused.

"But there's no mistaking your ash-blond hair and what you look like. You look like her." said Irene.

"Who's-There you are Asta, Klaus" William's voice interrupted Asta.

Everyone turned to the direction of where William's voice was and saw William, Rhya and Patolli there.

"Long time no see aunty Irene. I hope you've been doing fine." greeted William.

"It had indeed been a long time William. I am doing just fine. What brings you here?" asked Irene.

"Well I've returned and as you can see, I've brought my brothers and my squad member. I wanted to ask you about somethings. I'm sure you know what I'm here to ask you about by now aunty Irene. You can read my mind after all. It's always the first thing you do." replied William.

"I indeed know what you're here to ask about. It seems you've got some trouble on your hands right now. Let's go talk about what you're here for over there. I don't think you want others to hear just yet William. You two as well, I know that you to already know." said Irene talking to Rhya and Patolli.

Irene, William, Rhya and Patolli started to talk about something but Asta and Klaus did not know what they were talking about. It seemed like what they were talking about was important though, Asta could tell because his older brother Rhya did not yawn a single time while they were discussing whatever they were talking about. 'I wonder what they're talking about that's so important. And, why can't Klaus and I listen as well?'  thought Asta.

Time magic: Time skip brought to you by Julius fascinated by Irene's magic*

After Irene, William, Rhya and Patolli finished whatever they were talking about, they walked up to Asta and Klaus who looked extremely bored. Klaus of course, did not show his boredom, but they could still tell because his eyes were wandering all over the place, trying to find some entertainment.

"Asta, Klaus we're done talking." said William.

"Ugh finally. That was like five hours!" said Asta getting up.

"It's only been 34 minutes Asta." said Patolli.

"You've been counting?" Asta asked Patolli.

"Yes I have." answered Patolli.

"Ok Mr perfect." said Asta.

"Why do you seem extra whiny right now? yawn*" questioned Rhya.

"Am not! I'm just tired after getting chased around." said Asta.

"Getting chased around? Who were you guys running from?" asked William.

"It's probably Kreg's gang. There's not a lot of gangs in Kain village that is crazy enough to chase a magic knight captain's brother around." said Irene.

Hearing Kreg's name once again made William stiff.

"Who was it?" asked Patolli.

"Well I'm not so sure but one of them with green hair was name Giki and the other with orange hair was Tek. Oh, I also heard them say the name 'Kreg'. " replied Asta.

This made William clench his fist. 'So he's after Asta this time.'  thought William.

"They don't usually chase down people without getting any profit from it. Do you know any reason they might have been trying to catch you?" asked Irene.

"We heard them say 'client'. " answered Klaus.

"So someone hired them to capture Asta. There would be no reason for them to capture a random noble. Asta on the other hand, holds some value. No offense Klaus." said Irene.

"None taken." said Klaus.

"So do any of you know why this 'client' wants Asta?" asked Irene turning to the other three Vangeances.

Rhya must have noticed something because his mana rose and he clenched his fist shouting out,

"Those bastards! It was definitely them!"

"Who are these 'bastards' you're thinking of lazy king?" asked Patolli.

"I'm talking about those Hage village bastards."

To be continued...

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Thanks for reading I just checked and realized I had over 1K reads so that tells me you guys like the story :) Also, do you think that Orsi and the others hired Kreg's gang to capture Asta?

!DISCLAIMER: Black Clover does not belong to me!