Chapter 6- Asta growing up and a blood test

Silence once again filed the air of the court. Yuno couldn't argue back not being able to find a reason to.

"Asta, we treated you really well when you were little right? We raised you when you were a child. You grew up at the church." said Orsi.

"Yes I did grow up at the church before but- The rest of his life he grew up at the Vangeance household." interrupted William.

"You shut your mouth Vangeance! It's not your turn to speak! Let's Asta talk." said Orsi.

"Shut up old man yawn*, don't talk to my brother that way." said Rhya

"You litt-I don't think saying anything to us would make you seem good to Asta." interrupted Patolli with a 'gentle' smile.

Behind Patolli's smile was obviously murder intent directed to the people of the church. Everyone noticed this even though Patolli covered it up a smile.

"Asta what do you have to say about this?" asked Damnatio.

"Well, it's true that the church were the ones who took me in and raised me, but it started to become like I was taking care of myself." answered Asta.

"And why's that?" asked Damnatio.

"They started to neglect me since Yuno and I were five years old. Yuno had powerful wind magic while I did not develop my magic yet. Well, that's what they though. I did get my magic when I was in trouble with wolves but, I never realized it so, when I was at the Vangeance household and my magic suddenly appeared again, I was frightened however, my brother William took a day off to help me. The people at Hage village however, didn't bother about me. They thought I did not have any magic at all. They expected me to have powerful magic like Yuno since I was his brother but it did not turn out like what they wanted, me not being able to use my magic yet so everyone thought I had none. No one bothered to help a 'magic-less moron' so they just ditched me. I was always neglected and pushed around until my brother William Vangeance found me." explained Asta.

"I see." said Damnatio.

"Bullsh*t! Asta was left on the church's doorstep so you couldn't have been his blood relative if you were a noble and able to care for him! If you are then, it just means you abandoned him when he was little!" said Orsi.

"Actually there's a story behind that." explained William.

"Then what is it?" asked Yuno.

'There's nothing to be afraid of. It's probably just an obvious bluff with no background behind it. The truth will soon come to light.'  thought Orsi. Damnatio opened a file and read it.

"After Asta-kun was revealed to the public after so long, the reason why he was kept hidden was told. After William's father died, William was brought back to the noble realm. His family was then attacked which was when his mother died, his little brother being taken away. Asta was then brought to the forsaken realm and raised there. It so happened to be Hage village and he was taken in by the church. William soon found Asta and reunited with his little brother taking Asta with him." Damnatio read out loud so everyone would hear.

"Bullsh*t! I don't believe it's true!" said Orsi.

"Firstly, since you're a part of a church, you shouldn't be able to swear secondly yawn* this information was confirmed by the Wizard King himself. Also, yawn* the information about us were also written in files and confirmed the the Wizard King as well." said Rhya yawning.

"What he was saying is true. This information was indeed confirmed by the Wizard King and so was the information on their files." said Damnatio.

"Plus, I'm sure we get more saying since Asta did grow up with us." said William.

"He was raised with us at the church!" said Lily.

"That's true he was. But you heard him, after he was five, he had to take care of himself. I was the one who found him walking around the streets hungry at seven years old." said William.

"What?!" said Orsi shocked.

"That's right, he was by himself on the streets starving. I was quite proud of him when I recognized him. He helped a little girl and her sister. My little brother sure is a nice boy." said William.

"He's not your brother!" shouted Yuno.

"Then is he yours?" asked Patolli.

"....." Yuno said nothing.

"Didn't think so yawn*" said Rhya.

"Then how did you recognize Asta then? He was only a baby when he was found after all. You couldn't have recognized him after seven years." said Orsi.

"It was his mana. It felt familiar and it was sending signs to mine. If you have good control over your mana or if you were lucky, then you would be able to tell where your own family is." explained William(it works in this fanfic).

"Tch, nobles have it lucky." mumbled Yuno.

"Ya got something to say coward? yawn*" asked Rhya not interested one bit.

"Nothing." replied Yuno.

"Anything else you got to say? Because I think this trial would only take one day actually." said William.

"Actually yes Vangeance. Even if you explained to us how you found Asta, we don't buy it." said Lily.

"Then what do you want to do then?" asked William.

"A blood test." answered Yuno.

The Vangeances started to panic in the inside. 'What are we going to do?'  thought Asta.

"Fine then." replied William.

The Vangeances snapped their heads to William. 'What are you thinking William!'  thought Patolli and Rhya. William just ignored their stares.

Soon, people wearing white came into the room and took Asta and William's blood.

"The test results will be revealed next week. Vangeances, if it so happens to turn out negative, then good luck defending yourself. Your limit is one week. Your dead line to research is the same day the blood test will be revealed. Bring all your information to court on that same day if you have anything you want to use to defend yourself. That is all. You are all dismissed." said Damnatio then he walked away.

To be continued...

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter.

!DISCLAIMER: Black Clover does not belong to me!